Clean out | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clean out

Since I sold my explorer I guess it is time I clear out my pile of parts... Feel free to make an offer, I could use the money on my project f150, or to fix the fresh bumper damage on my 2012 focus:(

1) Tow hooks -SOLD

2) Lift shackles- SOLD

3) Stock front marker lights- These got scratched up in my truck's tool box so I am just going to pitch them, they are too easy to find local for cheap...

4) Stock 97 premium audio head unit, worked great when installed... for 95-97 premium systems (no sub). $20 plus shipping

5) TSB kit for the SOHC timing chain cassettes and intake gaskets. New in box. $50 shipped... paid 80 or so from tousley ford last year...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll still take those shackles. What hardware will I need for them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmm just read something about the shackles possibly hitting the hidden hitch. I know the warriors shouldnt, but if these are longer they might?

They'll possibly hit the hitch at full flex, my WP shackles do it too.

As for the hardware, the factory shackle hardware will work but they're usually rusted pretty thin if you can even get them out without snapping them. Otherwise you'll need Class 8.8 14mm bolts 4.25" long and nylock nuts or for added strength you can use 9/16"x4 1/2" grade 8 bolts. Use Cobalt drill bits to ream out the holes if not already done.

Thanks for the info MidnightRebel

No problem, he got the shackles from me so I know all about them.

I can take some measurements so you can see if they will hit if you want.

how much lift will it give my explorer on the back? very interested in the shackles pm sent!

Bump. I'd like to move that TSB kit for the SOHC timing chain down the road... anyone takers?

You still have those shackles? If so how much and would they work on an 03 Sport?

Back