Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 264 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I haven't been around for awhile, been spending time on the Ford truck enthusiast form because of this blue *******.
20140514_094927_zpse3f6a1f9.jpg

Some recent modifications I've made, A free roof rack, painted the trim black around the whole vehicle, and re-mounted my CB antenna to the rear bumper.
0152854255900879_4267737786735871474_n_zpsb99e8437.jpg

Happy wheeling! :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! What brand push bar is that? I really like how it doesn't hang low like most I've seen.

First post on the forum, this is my 2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition. 3 inch body lift with 2.25" spacer in the front, sitting o 285/70/17 Yokohama ats and Black Rhino Imperial wheels. Mcneil flared fenders (dont recommend this company at all, piece of **** company) soon to be paint matched. Planning on building a front bumper and roof rack in the near future as well as a 50" light bar. What do you guys think?
IMG_2329_zps5c7f4e65.jpg

IMG_2132_zpsddd9b0f6.jpg

IMG_2449_zpseb892ad1.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps48d2c3f0.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsd2b5c1ed.jpg

Hey Zero devil where can i get those front tie downs or tow eye. I need them for my truck to pass German Inspection all vehicles must have them fitted here
Rick

Nice! What brand push bar is that? I really like how it doesn't hang low like most I've seen.

Thanks! Its actually off a 2nd gen explorer that a guy had up on craigslist. I had to modify the brackets to fit but she holds really strong for just a small guard! Plus it was small enough to fit in between the tow hooks.
20130804_164450_zpsd348963b.jpg

Rickademus, You can get them at pretty much any junkyard. They come off Ford f150's and expeditions. Possibly excursions but im not positive on that one. Also Amazon has all types to choose from. :thumbsup:

First post on the forum, this is my 2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer edition. 3 inch body lift with 2.25" spacer in the front, sitting o 285/70/17 Yokohama ats and Black Rhino Imperial wheels. Mcneil flared fenders (dont recommend this company at all, piece of **** company) soon to be paint matched. Planning on building a front bumper and roof rack in the near future as well as a 50" light bar. What do you guys think?

You're rig looks awesome! Where did you get that windshield sticker at?

Finally got the Explorer washed yesterday, just waiting on warmer weather to get my 4.56 gears installed.
10941844_1504263479819374_8860457844053001815_n.jpg

Finally got some ok flex out of her this weekend! Although my fender cladding wasn't so happy about it haha

How do you like those guard dogs? Also, is it worth having the sway bar disconnects? Thanks

Finally got some ok flex out of her this weekend! Although my fender cladding wasn't so happy about it haha

Looks good! I see in your signature a 3" lift, do you just spacers? I am looking at disconnects for the sway bar, how did you do yours?

How long did it take you and how much $$$ did you end up spending ? Looks sweet

Right about $400 with all the parts and sealer/puddy and what not. Ran into a couple hiccups during the install with fitting some stuff in. Right about 7-8 hours from start to finish not including lunch and what not. And thank you. I'm more than ecstatic with the results.

Right about $400 with all the parts and sealer/puddy and what not. Ran into a couple hiccups during the install with fitting some stuff in. Right about 7-8 hours from start to finish not including lunch and what not. And thank you. I'm more than ecstatic with the results.

Forsure, did you buy the aftermarket black housing headlights prior to your retrofit? Or did you do all that too?

^^ PMed johnbyler.

Hey Wheelin, which Projectors did you use?

On my 3rd gen I used Morimoto MiniD2S 3.0 Bi-xenon projectors and was thinking about looking at the FXR's next since I did the MH1 6.0's on my wifes car.

Got mine done last couple weeks and I love em. But want to do another!

16166583512_57a8c3d238_c.jpg

^^ PMed johnbyler.

Hey Wheelin, which Projectors did you use?

On my 3rd gen I used Morimoto MiniD2S 3.0 Bi-xenon projectors and was thinking about looking at the FXR's next since I did the MH1 6.0's on my wifes car.

Got mine done last couple weeks and I love em. But want to do another!

16166583512_57a8c3d238_c.jpg

I used the Morimoto Evo XRs bi-xenon, I'm really happy with how they turned out. I dropped a little album together of my project, http://imgur.com/a/dY6zP for anyone who is interested in looking.

A few other modifications I've made to the Mounty recently
20150121_152959_zpsxwqlrkcv.jpg

A gauge pod for the A pillar with a transmission temp gauge.

20150121_153245_zpsxxewve2z.jpg

Re-Mounted my Firestick to the rear fender.

So I upgrade my 03 X from a 285/70/17 up to a 35x12.5x17 toyo mt. All I can say is it looks badass

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back