• Register Today It's free!

exhaust studs

lorraine1

Reaction score
City, State
wva
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 ford explorer
any body know a place that sells the manifold stud bolts for the 98 5.0 explorers?dealers here say they cant get them anymore.the ones that hold the manifold to the head,thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

found them,some days u search and cant find anything,next day u search and find everything,i guess thats why they call it search.

Care to let us in?

There ya go. Thanks.

their supposed to,autozone number they gave me was in the help section, dorman 03405.

Supposed to? I take it you haven't done this project yet?

nope this is the last thing on the list,i take it neither have you?i would like to have found the stainless bolts and studs.mine are in there good,going to be tough,hope none dont break off in the head,i had to buy the manifold,egr pipe ,forgot what its called,and the bolts.

No, I have the studs in now and am doing it this Wednesday if all goes well. Have everything I need now. Mine doesn't use the external EGR tube so hopefully that makes it a little bit easier. Luckily one of my coworkers has a auto body shop so I'm doing it there and if I break one off then we'll be able to extract it. Just gotta get some anti sieze and that's it. Will be taking pics too. I just can't stand hearing that exhaust leak when it's cold. Drives me up the wall!!!!!

UPDATE: These are not the right studs and are to small. I was able to put the studs in and pull them out without them threading in. Luckily my old studs were in great shape for them having 230K miles on them. So I reused them and put some anti seize on them. Just a heads up.

thanks steed,what about the bolts?guess i will be taking these back unless the bolts work.

The 2 bolts that came with the exhaust manifold work and fit perfectly!!!!

no ,tlking about the other bolts that bolt the manifold to the head.

no ,tlking about the other bolts that bolt the manifold to the head.

Those bolts that mount the manifold to the head are the ones that are to small. I reused mine and the manifold came with 2 new bolts to use from the manifold to the exhaust system and those fit perfectly. I didn't have to mess with anything else on mine. No EGR pipe to mess with or anything like that.

so much for a parts store being right(autozone)that is,so these are useless on the 98"s.guess i will be looking for bolts.thanks

Back