• Register Today It's free!

Side Mirror wont fold out

jester435

Reaction score
City, State
SLC, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
I went thru the car wash and now in the rain. My driver side mirror will fold in, but wont go back out via the button on the driver door console.

Anyone else had this problem or know what is going on?

I am going to try and get it into the dealer today.

2014 ford explorer sport 25K miles

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Push it out and reset it.

I had a problem day 1 when I first brought my truck home. I picked up the car in the evening, during the winter and it was 14 degrees. They detailed and washed it prior of course. I tried to fold in when I got into the garage and they wouldn't. Frozen. Next morning worked fine.

Mirror was replaced under warranty. Something was wrong with the motor. They replaced the entire assembly and reused the painted mirror back.

Nothing to do with freezing or being manually bumped.

A good outcome. Thanks for reporting back!

Mirror was replaced under warranty. Something was wrong with the motor. They replaced the entire assembly and reused the painted mirror back.

Nothing to do with freezing or being manually bumped.

I'm glad you get it repaired under warranty!

I'm glad you get it repaired under warranty!

Yeah I am worried about owning this SUV out of warranty. I have had so many things fixed on it in the last year.

very frustrating to spend almost 50K on a vehicle and have so many issues with the quality of fit and finish.

Back