• Register Today It's free!

Ford A6 Navigation SD Card

DTrainCanada

Reaction score
City, State
Saskatchewan, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Hi everyone ... I have done a search through these threads looking for information on the new A6 Navigation SD Card, but couldn't find anything ... basically there isn't much information anywhere on Google, except the official Ford/Navigation website. It must be very new.

The details are here:
http://tinyurl.com/n7vo3gu

has anyone seen this update?
Or ordered it?
Nothing available on eBay yet either...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes I just heard about it today as well. Don't know the details but will make inquiries.

Do you have any info on the A6 card Rebecca? What if anything changed?
Thanks.

Peter

A6 Nav Card

i picked up a 2015 in late December 2014 and it came with the A5 installed, i now see A6 is out do we get a free update within the 1st year? or do i have to drop $150 on this update?

i picked up a 2015 in late December 2014 and it came with the A5 installed, i now see A6 is out do we get a free update within the 1st year? or do i have to drop $150 on this update?
I believe the only time you get a free SD card is if an MFT upgrade requires one. Other than that you pay for any card you want to get.

Peter

If your card stops working, it's covered under warranty. But the dealer would probably give you an A5 because that's what they have in stock.

Navigation Map Update
OUR PRICE $13,181.78
Perfect for your Ford Edge

Looks like it comes with the car attached for that price! lol

It also looks like they used MS Paint to get the "A6" on the photo. They probably don't have any in stock yet, hence the lack of an updated photo... and the ridiculous price.

If I was shopping for a new A6 card I'd want to know what changes have been made before buying it. In my case the A4 is all I need.

Peter

Installed the A6 card today, don't see anything different.

Installed the A6 card today, don't see anything different.

Hey Sgt1411 ...
If you don't mind me asking ... Are you currently in B.C. or AZ.?
Just curious if maybe there are more updated streets/maps in USA or Canada ...
Do you live or drive in an area where there are new streets or sub-divisions where they did not appear on your old version (A4 or A5?) but they do now in A6?
Or literally have you seen nothing different?

I live in an area that began getting streets 7 years ago and some of them are still not showing on A4 ...
Also the city opened a new $300 million dollar bridge about 18 months ago, but anytime I go over it my trusty Ford Nav tells me that I am going 110km/h over green grass and through water!
:rolleyes:
Of course my $99 Garmin was updated within 3 months ... for FREE!

Also more to check for more recent updates;
-New buildings exist in Nav map 3D view? (likely large buildings only)
-Does your Nav speed limit match the new road or area you are in?

The speed limits that show next to the steering wheel in the Nav view, those are based on map data, they are not dynamic.

Hey Sgt1411 ...
If you don't mind me asking ... Are you currently in B.C. or AZ.?
Just curious if maybe there are more updated streets/maps in USA or Canada ...
Do you live or drive in an area where there are new streets or sub-divisions where they did not appear on your old version (A4 or A5?) but they do now in A6?
Or literally have you seen nothing different?

I live in an area that began getting streets 7 years ago and some of them are still not showing on A4 ...
Also the city opened a new $300 million dollar bridge about 18 months ago, but anytime I go over it my trusty Ford Nav tells me that I am going 110km/h over green grass and through water!

I haven't noticed any updated mapping info but your probably correct its newer GeoData. I will watch as I move around newer developments.

Hey Sgt1411 ...

Same here. The A5 card does not have the new bridge on it. I'm hoping the A6 does.

I believe that Rebecca mentioned that it could take a year or more for some geographical changes to be updated to the Navigation card.

Peter

Same here. The A5 card does not have the new bridge on it. I'm hoping the A6 does.

If you send me any address close to the Bridge by Private Message I will put it in my Destinations and see what comes up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That would be awesome SGT1411!
If you could try the address:
2161 Spadina Crescent W
Saskatoon, SK S7M 4E5

and see if there is a bridge over the river to the east, that would be much appreciated!
:thumbsup:

Back