Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

Welcome to the Forum andi118.:wavey:
I don't believe either of the repairs you had done would correct the issue you are having, especially replacing the battery. Have you looked at post 178 in this thread? I would also suggest that you contact Crystal http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968 with a private message to see what she can do to help.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you Peter. My truck had a brand new Sync system installed the week I bought it, and all of the brand new updates according to Ford. So I'm not sure what the next step is, but they have the truck once again (probably for another 2 weeks) to sort it out. It's just exhausting bringing it in every single month.

Thanks for replying :)

TMS issues

I believe the update would different than the SYNC system. Tell your dealer to review the TSBs concerning the Terrain Management System and get the correct update (which FORD sent out). And Crystal from Ford is a real help...Good Luck.

thanks Danny. She contacted me already and I sent her my information. I was told last week when it happened that I have the most recent update, but I'm not convinced I do. By the time it's done I'll have a brand new truck LOL!

thanks Danny. She contacted me already and I sent her my information. I was told last week when it happened that I have the most recent update, but I'm not convinced I do. By the time it's done I'll have a brand new truck LOL!
What does your SYNC Account show as the latest reported update. It should be 3.6.2.
You can also check your MFT to see what you have loaded. See post 7 in the following thread;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=401480&highlight=latest+version

Peter

Yes I have the most current version of Sync. It's just a wait and see as to whether or not they can get this repaired. So frustrating to pay this kind of $$ for something you aren't able to drive safely.

Terrain error

My 2011 Explorer Limited has been showing this error and my wife says there is a squeaking sound when backing up and turning at the same time. 28,500 miles. Taking it to the dealer in the mourning. I will update what happens. This is a Ford certified explorer I bought last April and still under warranty.

My 2011 Explorer Limited has been showing this error and my wife says there is a squeaking sound when backing up and turning at the same time. 28,500 miles. Taking it to the dealer in the mourning. I will update what happens. This is a Ford certified explorer I bought last April and still under warranty.

Have you heard anything from the dealer yet, Haverstrawman? Let me know if you need any assistance; I'll be here. :thumbsup:

Crystal

schedule did not allow me to get to dealer yet, but I will this week. Going to Schults Ford West Haverstraw, NY

schedule did not allow me to get to dealer yet, but I will this week. Going to Schults Ford West Haverstraw, NY

Thanks for responding, Haverstrawman. Be sure to come back and report how things go at the dealership. :thumbsup:

Crystal

terrian management

dropped of My Explorer 7am this mourning. a few hours later the service department called. I was told that my battery had failed testing because it tested 290CCA but is rated at 650CCA. I had noticed this past summer that the green eye had gone dark so I had them install a new batter. The steering recall was performed and the steering passed the test and PSCM was reprogrammed. Told my rear brakes were at about 3mm and should be replaced and the cost $129, I declined because the Explorer only has 28500 miles, usually rear brakes out last the front brakes by about double the miles, after market might be a better choice than pads that only last 28000 miles.

as for the terrain management "verified terrain management AWD INOP found TSB 14-0115 reprogrammed ABS module as per TSB verified repair .. LP"

Cost to reprogram ABS module $54.50
Cost of new battery $119.95 no charge to install and was given a rebate form for 25.00 that I need to mail in.

Had the car back by noon.

brakes

Just a follow up to the brake issue. I did a search on you tube and found that dragging brakes on 2011 Explorers is a common problem. It is caused by rust developing on the caliper bracket under the stainless steel clip that holds the brake pad. The rust expands under the clip which causes pressure on the clip and causes the pad to drag on the rotor. Ford replacement brake pads come with anti seize and instructions on how resolve the rust issue.

New rotors, new pads and new stainless steel clips from my local Advance auto store run about $150 for everything. I plan on putting them on myself.

Was the battery under warranty last summer or did you pay for it then too?

battery

I did not replace the battery just noticed that the green eye was dark. Here in Haverstraw NY we had sub zero temperatures and did not have a problem. I figured replacing now was a good thing.

Notice how Crystal is quiet. I do not know if batteries are covered under the Ford certified program. My warranty expires May 1st or 12,000 miles I have used 10,000 miles so far.

At least the people at Schultz Ford in West Haverstraw were nice and the service was quick. Much better than the people at All American Ford of Paramus NJ where I bought the Explorer.

For what's worth, the battery eye on mine looks black as well unless you view it from a certain angle. The battery in the Explorer was the same way and it was good as is the 11 month old battery in the MKT.

Peter

I am not sure if it is supposed to be covered. However since you bought one, that is now covered 3yrs/unlimited mileage and 4 more years prorated.

battery

Hi Peter thanks for the advice on the battery but my green eye was dark from this past summer. I checked the alternator output and it was and is good, With the green eye dark and the battery still working during the recent subzero was impressive but with the eye being "not green" the battery had some kind of defect going on and Ford warrantees their battery as good or better than other companies batteries,

What bothered me was 28,000 miles and rear brakes (disk) needed to be replaced, REALLY !

If the weather allows on Monday I will do the rear brake job. I will post pictures.

...Notice how Crystal is quiet. I do not know if batteries are covered under the Ford certified program...

Hi Haverstrawman,

I don't have the ability to make warranty determinations; your dealership's service manager can help you with any questions regarding whether or not a particular service or repair can be made under an applicable warranty. If you have any other questions, just let me know; I'm always just a PM away.

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Terrain Management Fault

I have a 2015 Ford Explorer Sport with 5K miles and just received the Terrain Management Fault problem as discussed here. It occurred during startup and I haven't driven yet to see if it went away. My question pertains to TSB 14-0115 which seems to address this, but the TSB is for models up to 2014. Would this apply to my year. I haven't gone in for my first service yet, but will ask the dealer when I do, thanks.

Back