All Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, PA, Jun 5-7, 2015 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

All Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, PA, Jun 5-7, 2015

Spas

Explorer addict
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
North East, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Every year I say it's my last one doing this, and every year I look at pictures from the summer before and think, "Damn it all... That was fun." :rolleyes:

So, anyone still interested in the AFN's? For those who have never been, it's the biggest Ford car show on the East Coast. There are tons of things to do, see, and buy. For more information, visit their website at: Carlisle Ford Nationals. If you want to show your Explorer, enter it in Class 400 (Bronco/Explorer/Mountaineer) and purchase a showfield pass for $55. You can also pay at the gate on the day of the show if you want. Traditionally we register under the club name "Serious Explorations" in homage to the website that brought us all together.

In years past, we used to attend the show as a group on Friday & Saturday, then go four wheeling on Sunday. I'm pretty far out of the loop, but if anyone is interested in that aspect, speak here or forever hold your peace. Rausch Creek seems to be the only option left for fourwheeling. Learn more about it on their site @ Rausch Creek off road park.

Ok, now as for me personally (since I always manage to end up being the ringleader of this circus somehow), I have no dang idea if Morgan will be fixed up by then. If he is, I'll try to get him down to the show. If not, I may wow the crowd my lovely SportTrac rust. Either way, I don't have a tow vehicle or $$ to spare so wheeling is out for me :( Worst case scenario, I still hope to come down and wander around at least. I reserved a 2 bed suite at the Comfort Suites in downtown Carlisle again (the awesome place with the funny waiters and parking garage!), but I could only get it for the night of the 6-7. So I wouldn't be down until Saturday morning. If anyone wants to bunk with me and split room costs, or has any questions regarding the show, feel free to PM me!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First post! We're down for some shenanigans!

well with me doing a entire drive train swap on evil (including supercharger), the cost of the us dollar, and at home with yet another back issue, its not to hopeful that me or evil will get there (even though i have said that for the last 3 years). i did reserve a room already however just in case i do get there.
and mental note : do NOT climb in the elevator with the Lincoln crowd....

then again i do owe payback to the person responsible for this

10259309_10152178421167513_3484295705567194460_o.jpg

Woah, my account is still active...Sorry Lindsy, I won't be able to make it this year.

Woah, my account is still active...Sorry Lindsy, I won't be able to make it this year.

Woah, Das Frem posted!

;)

You gonna try for next year? 2016 is the 20th anniversary of EF!

Don't know what I'll be driving but I'm going to try regardless. Maybe I'll rent a Mustang again so I'm at least in a Ford.

Ok, I know we have made the promise of attending, but this year will start a family tradition!!
This year will be the first in a long time that my wife will have her son for the summer months, usually time spent in Tx with his father.. Since the beginning of this school term Jayden has helped me prep Daisy, our 2001 xls for Carlisle..
We have a vacation package that spans an entire week, so we will definitly have all weekend to meet local members, and we are also looking forward to wheeling on Sunday!!
I hope that a few senior members will put together the offroading part, I'd rather not wheel 4 hours from home without someone who knows the trails..

That looks like something we would get kicked out of! I've been there done that, at a couple go-cart places in Ohio...

I think I am gonna sit this year out unless someone wants to buy my wheels.

2012-05-19_15-02-27_294.jpg

Figured I would give the thread a bump, just picked up a hotel room for the family and I. Anyone else getting ready for some much needed warmer weather?

Figured I would give the thread a bump, just picked up a hotel room for the family and I. Anyone else getting ready for some much needed warmer weather?

It. Can. Not. Get. Here. Fast. Enough!!!

It's been quiet in here. I'll be there depending on how this reckless driving ticket ends up. Where's everyone staying?

for now as much as i hate saying it, but i will not be making it. i still have my room booked however. if anyone wants, i can move it to your name

Any updates on this? Who all is still coming? Hopefully I'll have both explorers there this year

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It makes me sad to see this thread this short:(

Back