So How Do We Get 450Hp Out of a Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So How Do We Get 450Hp Out of a Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oops! I will need to update. I have a 2014 Sport since Sept. 2013.

From this dyno, if you have the right tune, your almost there. They are showing 360 AWD HP which is like 432 at the crank give or take....

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418259

I can tell you mine feels about there as well.... Spanking an SRT8 Challenger nicely the other night. Before the usuals chime in; no this was not on a public road.

From this dyno, if you have the right tune, your almost there. They are showing 360 AWD HP which is like 432 at the crank give or take....

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418259

I can tell you mine feels about there as well.... Spanking an SRT8 Challenger nicely the other night. Before the usuals chime in; no this was not on a public road.

That's awesome! I can't wait to see what mine will do.

Okay, so how we do get the new Ford GT 600HP twin turbo V6 tune?

It's completely different turbos guys, much larger on F150 in comparison to what the transverse vehicles have.
The Ford GT basically uses the same setup that I had on my 600WHP flex for fuel, it has both direct injection and port fuel injection for extra fueling.
The key with these vehicles is getting a big enough turbo and then having enough fuel to fuel it. So far 2 people, myself and a SHO owner have gotten over 600WHP out of the vehicles. I added extra injectors and dual fuel pumps so that I could run E85 pump gas, the SHO made 600WHP on race gas, both achieved the power via 25+lbs of boost (maxed out the upgraded turbos) and timing increases either due to the E85 or the race gas.

The GT turbos are actually direct replacement for the trucks but will not fit on the SHO/Flex from my understanding. :)

It's completely different turbos guys, much larger on F150 in comparison to what the transverse vehicles have.
The Ford GT basically uses the same setup that I had on my 600WHP flex for fuel, it has both direct injection and port fuel injection for extra fueling.
The key with these vehicles is getting a big enough turbo and then having enough fuel to fuel it. So far 2 people, myself and a SHO owner have gotten over 600WHP out of the vehicles. I added extra injectors and dual fuel pumps so that I could run E85 pump gas, the SHO made 600WHP on race gas, both achieved the power via 25+lbs of boost (maxed out the upgraded turbos) and timing increases either due to the E85 or the race gas.

The GT turbos are actually direct replacement for the trucks but will not fit on the SHO/Flex from my understanding. :)

Having done those mods to your flex do you know what the limiting factor is on the stock setup to get ~450awhp? I'm guessing the turbos would need an upgrade but what are the limits of the stock fuel system?

My friends 335 has a similar fuel setup with an in-tank low pressure feed to the mechanical high pressure pump. On his setup he was able to boost pressure on the low side to increase the flow capabilities of the mechanical high pressure pump. Can the same be achieved with the ford setup?

Easiest way for 450 or close to it would be upgraded stockers and meth injection, way easier than anything else. If you want a bit more 100 or 110 octane gas will help as well.
100 octane alone on my car at the track was worth like .8 in the 1/4 mile due to increased timing.

I would expect a good boost in power with modification to headers, exhaust, injectors, fuel pump and special tuning. Anything available that is not an exception hassle to install and has shown good value for the effort?

You can't just do a fuel pump or injectors on this DI engine, nothing available. That's where meth comes in, people are using it as a supplemental fueling source to allow for additional boost.
Key to success:
Tune + meth + downpippes is the best power combo right now an intake is entirely optional from my testing. I'm coming out with a cutout soon and will dyno before/after on a vehicle to show the additional power.

"the usuals" have decimated this forum

You can't just do a fuel pump or injectors on this DI engine, nothing available. That's where meth comes in, people are using it as a supplemental fueling source to allow for additional boost.
Key to success:
Tune + meth + downpippes is the best power combo right now an intake is entirely optional from my testing. I'm coming out with a cutout soon and will dyno before/after on a vehicle to show the additional power.

The meth technically isn't used as an additional fuel source, the benefit is from removal of latent heat and knock retardation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MW_50

I have methanol injection on my 2006 STi, what I have found (as well as many others) is that a 50/50 methanol to DI/distilled water mix is the best.

Actually in this case they're using 100% meth and are using it as a bit of additional fuel.
Not my customers, others from a large scale tuner for high HP applications.

Back