15 Sport Drivers Side Windows fog | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

15 Sport Drivers Side Windows fog

markymark0509

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Seems I can't get the adjustment right. It was -6 on my way to work this morning. I had the front defroster on. A few minutes into my ride, the drivers side window stared to fog. I changed fan direction to blow at me and down by my feet. That cleared it up. But then the windshield began to fog, so back to full front defrost. The DS window began to fog again. Any advice?:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm assuming you have the side vent at the end of the dash aimed at the window. I've never encountered the problem with the Ex or the MKT even with -13 F temps that we have had lately.

Peter

I've been noticed a LOT of fog in my '15, especially on startup. And I mean a LOT, as in I can't see out the front or side windows at all. Sometimes it take several minutes to go away, even though I've only parked it for a few moments. It's almost as if the a/c isn't on, contrary to the light being on.

Tony

Turn the AC on (if you have turned it of). It will dehumidify the air

Is the AC even working at that low of temps?

The A/C works in conjunction with the 'Defrost' to reduce the humidity level and as Tony407 mentioned in his post, the A/C was on.

Peter

This may sound odd, but how long have you had the 15'? If it's still fairly new, the VOC's (new car smell) may still be releasing gases which can put a minor film on your windows, in turn making them more susceptible to fog quicker. When the weather get's a lil warmer give your interior windows a bath with dawn. Part dawn, part water on a microfiber towel. Wipe and dry them good and see if that helps. I am a detailer and I see this happen quite often on newer vehicles. Hope that helps.

Glad I saw this post. I've also thought at times that my ex was especially prone to fogging up and seemed to have a hard time defrosting even after the car was fairly warmed up. Putting the second row vets pointed towards the second row windows helps provided you have the rear hvac on. I also need to clean my windows.

I think if you have the cars hvac on auto mode, it should automaticaly cycle the ac compressor on. But I agree...doesn't seem like it comes on unless you actually hit ac. As well.

I don't believe the 'Auto' mode turns on the defrost and therefore doesn't turn on the A/C. The only time I think 'Auto' turns on the A/C is when the temperature is over 72 F. I believe. Mine is always on 'Auto' mode but the defrost is still a manual operation.

Peter

This may sound odd, but how long have you had the 15'? If it's still fairly new, the VOC's (new car smell) may still be releasing gases which can put a minor film on your windows, in turn making them more susceptible to fog quicker. When the weather get's a lil warmer give your interior windows a bath with dawn. Part dawn, part water on a microfiber towel. Wipe and dry them good and see if that helps. I am a detailer and I see this happen quite often on newer vehicles. Hope that helps.

Thanks. I'll give it a good interior detail and see if it improves.

I don't know if the newer models have the same setup as my 2011 Limited had but here is what the MKT has. I don't think it would be that difficult to put into the Explorer if it hasn't been.

Peter

Attachments

• P2030312_001.JPG
    P2030312_001.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 150
  • P2030313_001.JPG
    P2030313_001.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 162

Back