Headlight switch | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Headlight switch

Speaking about the cruise control. Can you or has any one ever changed the bulbs in the steering wheel switches? I have a 1998 XLT.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They pop out but i couldnt find a cost effective replacement so i just soldered in 194 led bulbs.. I practiced on ones i took from the junk yard and built spares so i could swap them out in minutes if the bulbs acted up

Good idea, I'll try that. Thanks.

So I had the headlight switch backlight problem searched and searched for a new bulb well I found a replacement from jkllamps.com
p/n DNW1-EW33/30MM
Lot# 15B2601K
This bulb is an exact replacement.

To order them you will need to get a quote ( mine was $2.50 per bulb minimum order of 10) and I had to fax the order to them. total cost for 10 bulbs including shipping and fax around $34

Shipping took 3 days from California to Michigan

I installed one it did not have the little finger tab like the original so I had to use a screw driver. It worked great. Time will tell how long it will last but I have 9 more replacement so no worry there.

So I had the headlight switch backlight problem searched and searched for a new bulb well I found a replacement from jkllamps.com
p/n DNW1-EW33/30MM
Lot# 15B2601K
This bulb is an exact replacement.

To order them you will need to get a quote ( mine was $2.50 per bulb minimum order of 10) and I had to fax the order to them. total cost for 10 bulbs including shipping and fax around $34

Shipping took 3 days from California to Michigan

I installed one it did not have the little finger tab like the original so I had to use a screw driver. It worked great. Time will tell how long it will last but I have 9 more replacement so no worry there.

Would you like to sell a couple for $10?

Lyn

Back