steering wheel voice command button randomly stops working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

steering wheel voice command button randomly stops working

cmasey100

Reaction score
City, State
New Hampshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
From time to time (seems like every 2-3 months) the steering wheel voice command button randomly stops working. I press the button and nothing happens. If I press the disconnect button the redial yes/no comes up on the screen. The only way I can then get the voice command button to start to work again is to do a master reset. It’s starting to get annoying! Any hits or suggestions?
Also a similar issues happens with the ambient lighting it will default back to blue..
I have the most up to date version of the OS.

From time to time (seems like every 2-3 months) the steering wheel voice command button randomly stops working. I press the button and nothing happens. If I press the disconnect button the redial yes/no comes up on the screen. The only way I can then get the voice command button to start to work again is to do a master reset. It’s starting to get annoying! Any hits or suggestions?
Also a similar issues happens with the ambient lighting it will default back to blue..
I have the most up to date version of the OS.

Does anyone have any advice (Ford Team?)?

My ambient lighting issue was fixed with the TSB mentioned in the previous post.

I have had the voice control go silent on me a few times but not for at least 8 months or more now. I thought maybe it had to do with the advanced voice setting as it would go silent not long after I would change this setting. I now leave that setting alone and haven't had any issues since although I'm not sure what actually triggers the anomaly. I too have been running the latest software since it came out.

Back