• Register Today It's free!

Swapping springs

The Cheat

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford F-150 FX4
I have a 2013 Sport and I'm thinking about putting 4x4 springs on it from the same year range Explorer 2011-2014. I've found a set of 2012 4x4 Springs to use, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone knows any reason why this wouldn't work....

The reason I'm doing this is I'm sick of dragging my bumper on curbs and the Sport's spring rate is higher (ie. Sportier). I haul babies in my Sport, so the sporty ride isn't ideal.

This should lift me up 15mm (I know not much) and give me a slightly softer ride.

Eventually, I might try out the Traxda lift and I think it would be best to do that on the regular springs instead of sport springs anyway...

Thanks guys.

I have a 2013 Sport and I'm thinking about putting 4x4 springs on it from the same year range Explorer 2011-2014. I've found a set of 2012 4x4 Springs to use, but I thought I'd check to see if anyone knows any reason why this wouldn't work....

The reason I'm doing this is I'm sick of dragging my bumper on curbs and the Sport's spring rate is higher (ie. Sportier). I haul babies in my Sport, so the sporty ride isn't ideal.

This should lift me up 15mm (I know not much) and give me a slightly softer ride.

Eventually, I might try out the Traxda lift and I think it would be best to do that on the regular springs instead of sport springs anyway...

Thanks guys.
:confused: Where are you parking that you scrape the bumper

my front lip is all bent and torn up, it doesn't clear the wheel stops and sidewalks at stores. My wife is usually the one that does it though.

Back