How to disable factory alarm? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to disable factory alarm?

Well after a bit of a process I figured out how to make it work. There is a number of connectors back there, once I got the right one I had to leave the key on, then plug in the battery. Now I don't have keyless entry or an alarm, but I'm workin with a guy to get a new fob. Only problem is finding out enough about the alarm to work with it. I can't find much information, and I'm pretty sure it was installed by the dealer not the manufacturer. No idea what dealer it was originally sold at either !
So was something leaking, getting a component wet when it rained or what ??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thinking it was just rain coming up from the tires. I know that side window in the back drivers side leaks but it's not really bad. It could have caused the problem, just need to tighten it up.

You should be able to go to your local BMV or DMV whatever it's called, I forget, and pay like $8 for a vehicle history report, just need the vin number and you don't have to own the vehicle. This should tell you pretty much everything about every owner including what city/dealer sold it. I think this route beats carfax :)

Hopefully it helps, as for my alarm. It's still unhooked and yes, it's been broken into since then but little to no damage was done and the only things missing were loose change, pocket knife, and a husky box cutter. I need to upgrade the rear window motors with newer model, none cable ones. :(

Well looks like in the next couple days I'll have keyless entry anyway...
Some dumbshit in class asked me if i was missing a set of keys.
O god I was pissed got in his face and all, seriously...je takes them, obviously not his to begin with.. and keeps them for a week and a half. ahh
That was a great 125 spent for a locksmith. Maybe I'll squirrel it out of him.

Damn kid returned my keys. all of them except my door/ignition key and key fob.
i drove to class, they were obviously on there. I wanna kick his ass !!!!

where car remote starter wire is located,i would like to disconnect it

i mean Ford explorer 1997;4 doors

How do you deactivate a 1996 ford explorer factory alarm?

Just for those of you like me trying to do this, on my '94 it is the 2 sets of white wire harnesses in front of the others behind the fixed part of the panel (yes that means you need really skinny hands). Of the 2 white connectors it is the most forward connector you have to disconnect, I had to disconnect both then re-connect the 8-pin (rear most connector).

thanks,
AJ

Thanks AJ. This totaly worked for me. It was a pain to get unpluged but It worked. Thank you!!

Hola,
I see this thread being old so there has to be a fix by now!?!
my 2001 or 2002 Ford explorer is going off at all hours. Pulled the horn fuse. Neighbors appreciated that. Grounded One of the three grey with purple stripe ( may not be the colors this was a while back) Yes three identical wires of the same color. Seemed to work for a little while now its doing it again. I have three outlets to my pats sys.
Question is which wire/s do I cut?

Pic
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/465981892666084763/
:roll:

Man I hope this thread is still alive--I have a 94 explorer with a dealer installed system--it has several white plug-ins with about 27 wires--under the dash above the drivers left foot--I want to disable or remove it as it keeps me from starting my truck--will disconnecting the plug in the pass rear kill it?

Thinking it was just rain coming up from the tires. I know that side window in the back drivers side leaks but it's not really bad. It could have caused the problem, just need to tighten it up.

You should be able to go to your local BMV or DMV whatever it's called, I forget, and pay like $8 for a vehicle history report, just need the vin number and you don't have to own the vehicle. This should tell you pretty much everything about every owner including what city/dealer sold it. I think this route beats carfax :)

Hopefully it helps, as for my alarm. It's still unhooked and yes, it's been broken into since then but little to no damage was done and the only things missing were loose change, pocket knife, and a husky box cutter. I need to upgrade the rear window motors with newer model, none cable ones. :(
-------------------------------------------------
Must be nice to do that. Here in MI you can only do a vehicle history on your own vehicle with proof on ownership and DMV will only go back 7 years. If the current owner has owned longer than that (7 yrs) then it will show who it was purchased from. But only if purchased withing 10 years.

Make the request thru the mail to Lansing, they can go back farther but it is $20 per name change and they will not inform you the possible cost before doing the look up. So it could get expensive quickly.

Man I hope this thread is still alive--I have a 94 explorer with a dealer installed system--it has several white plug-ins with about 27 wires--under the dash above the drivers left foot--I want to disable or remove it as it keeps me from starting my truck--will disconnecting the plug in the pass rear kill it?

I wish I could help you, sadly. I had spoken to some admins here and was ask not to share the information your requesting as it could be used by people other than the owner of the vehicle.

It was super easy to get around the alarm and get the truck to start--I want to know how to get rid of the entire thing and good old ford only keeps records for 10 years-- I found a thread about a 97 model with a picture of his alarm which was just like mine with the plugs re-arranged--the quality of my dealer install was almost amateur but my real problem was as I had reasoned before the alarm went off which was a defective ignition switch and I already had the part and replaced it after disabling the alarm--I'll just pull plugs off the alarm now and see if my door locks and lights still work as the siren is disabled so I don't have to listen to it now

Removed connector still will not start

Hello. 1994 Explorer Limited - My pats system will not allow the car to start. I first tried shorting the disarm wire to chassis ground per another site post - did not work. I found this thread and disconnected the 11 wire connector. Car still does not start. Starter does not make any noise. Any ideas? Battery and starter are good. The system will not disarm. I have the explorer 1994 electrical and vacuum troubleshooting manual. But I am not an electrician. Any ideas.

On my 94 I really got no answers here but accidently found an answer about a model a year or 2 newer--I took the box out but lost the use of my automatic locks--to get mine to start I looked in a wiring diagram and found the colors of the wires going to my starting system red and maybe black I think but don't exactly remember--you likely have a mess of spliced taped connections like mine and you have to put the starter wire back together and likely the wire to the ignition since the alarms were not factory installed--I took out the entire alarm once the vehicle would start but did not want to reconnect the entire mass of wires that were cut and spliced so my electric locks no longer work but my truck starts--I just disconnected the 2 plugs on the alarm box --the tape the installer used was so nasty I didn't want to touch the mess--Ford did away with the instructions after 10 years and these alarms are JUNK

'94 explorer pats

Thank you. I'll need to sit down with the wiring diagrams and trace the wires so I can bypass the control module. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.

i have a 98 ford explorer and need to dis arm the alarm cant start it alarm gos off all thetime i had to disconnect the battery and leave it at work need help

The alarms were dealer installed with a connector ford put in and lots of cut and spliced wires--like my post above says I used a wiring diagram to find the colors of the wires going to the starter solenoid and the ignition and find where the alarm box wiring had been spliced into the circuits--then splice the original wires back together--then I unplugged the alarm box which was hanging above my left foot with tape--I lost the use of my electric locks but Got the use of my vehicle back--any thief willing to do all that to steal a truck should just get a job--on my truck the wires were 12 ga. red and black

Did all first generation explorers come with an alarm? When I bought my 93 xlt I only got one key, the "credit card" one that came inside the owners manual. Ive never seen the anti theft light come on but have always wondered if it has one

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The alarms were DEALER INSTALLED--not factory--they came with wiring for an alarm in the harness but any alarm was installed at the dealership and much depended on the installer--they just cut into the factory wiring and spliced the alarm into existing circuits--mine was just laying up on the wiring harness and the splicing was just taped with real crappy black tape--BUT the alarm has a ford official sticker on it and fits the plugs to start it into the wiring for things like the electric locks and windows

Back