2015 Ford ESP Changes

blwnsmoke

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Through my ESP contact, he sent me a document that lists the changes to Ford ESPs as well as Lincolns ( <---- Just for you Peter). I figured I'd post them for you on what would affect you. The biggest change in my eyes is the increase in term coverage from 7 years to now 8 years.

These changes are for ESPs purchased ON or AFTER 10/2/15:

NEW – LeaseCARE Product! Available on all new Ford lease vehicles! Provides PremiumCARE coverage plus wear items (brake pads and linings, engine belts and hoses, wiper blades, clutch discs, shock absorbers and spark plugs)! $0 standard deductible! $30/day Rental coverage for up to 10 days! Includes additional Roadside Assistance benefits such as trip interruption and destination assistance
Fully cancelable and transferrable! Added benefit can be Key Services (in approved states)! Time and Mileage Options ranging from 24 months/27,000 miles up to 39 months/45,000 miles

NEW – Interior/Exterior Lighting Coverage Option! Available on New and Incomplete PremiumCARE and LeaseCARE plans only (not available on used PremiumCARE plans)! Covers all factory-installed interior and exterior lighting – HID, LED, halogen bulbs and standard incandescento Check out the all-new 2015 F-150 equipped with standard HID and LED lighting equipment(equipment costs upwards to $2,000+)

2015 ESP PRODUCT UPDATES/CHANGESEnhanced Mechanical Plan Coverage! Added Key Services Option to New/Used Core and CPO Plans in 2 eligible states: MI and VA! Added 8-year terms to all New Plans! Additional time/mileage bands added to Used base and Powertraino 3/36 to 100K – 120K mile eligibility bando 2/24 to 120K – 140K mile eligibility band! Added Limo/Livery and Police to specialty surcharge (excluding interceptor)! Enhanced Rental Reimbursement/day is $60 (was $75).

** For anyone interested, my contact sells them at $100 above cost and includes 1st day rental. I have no affiliation with him, just a great guy and a no haggle price.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

** For anyone interested, my contact sells them at $100 above cost and includes 1st day rental. I have no affiliation with him, just a great guy and a no haggle price.

Sure wish Florida didn't regulate (see price fixing) auto extended warranties to help "protect" us consumers... :mad:

LeaseCARE? The vehicle is under bumper-to-bumper. Only thing it appears to cover that will need replacing is wiper blades - which are $12 each at the dealer.

What you are in essence buying is rental insurance, which you could no doubt get for a lot less from your insurance carrier.

Through my ESP contact, he sent me a document that lists the changes to Ford ESPs as well as Lincolns ( <---- Just for you Peter). I figured I'd post them for you on what would affect you. The biggest change in my eyes is the increase in term coverage from 7 years to now 8 years.

These changes are for ESPs purchased ON or AFTER 10/2/15:

NEW – LeaseCARE Product! Available on all new Ford lease vehicles! Provides PremiumCARE coverage plus wear items (brake pads and linings, engine belts and hoses, wiper blades, clutch discs, shock absorbers and spark plugs)! $0 standard deductible! $30/day Rental coverage for up to 10 days! Includes additional Roadside Assistance benefits such as trip interruption and destination assistance
Fully cancelable and transferrable! Added benefit can be Key Services (in approved states)! Time and Mileage Options ranging from 24 months/27,000 miles up to 39 months/45,000 miles

NEW – Interior/Exterior Lighting Coverage Option! Available on New and Incomplete PremiumCARE and LeaseCARE plans only (not available on used PremiumCARE plans)! Covers all factory-installed interior and exterior lighting – HID, LED, halogen bulbs and standard incandescento Check out the all-new 2015 F-150 equipped with standard HID and LED lighting equipment(equipment costs upwards to $2,000+)

2015 ESP PRODUCT UPDATES/CHANGESEnhanced Mechanical Plan Coverage! Added Key Services Option to New/Used Core and CPO Plans in 2 eligible states: MI and VA! Added 8-year terms to all New Plans! Additional time/mileage bands added to Used base and Powertraino 3/36 to 100K – 120K mile eligibility bando 2/24 to 120K – 140K mile eligibility band! Added Limo/Livery and Police to specialty surcharge (excluding interceptor)! Enhanced Rental Reimbursement/day is $60 (was $75).

Who is your contact?

Thanks

I saw your post and was wondering who is your contact.

Send a pm please. Dont want to advertise his info publicly.

LeaseCARE? The vehicle is under bumper-to-bumper. Only thing it appears to cover that will need replacing is wiper blades - which are $12 each at the dealer.

What you are in essence buying is rental insurance, which you could no doubt get for a lot less from your insurance carrier.
I had the 48 month LeaseCare on my 2011 Limited since the factory warranty was only 3 years and my lease was for 4 years. My MKT has a 4 year factory warranty.

Peter

I looked hard at the Ford ESP when I bought the EX last month. The dealer had another option. They have a lifetime engine and powertrain warranty that they offer to anyone that buys a vehicle from them, no charge. On top of that they offer a "wrap" plan with a National Warranty company that covers you bumper to bumper for lifetime. No mile or time restrictions. A few $ more than the Ford ESP, but much better longevity and level of coverage.

My three years is coming up and I am looking at esp. Flood ford looks like they got the best price so far for 7/60k premium care plus first day for $885. Anyone know a better deal?

My three years is coming up and I am looking at esp. Flood ford looks like they got the best price so far for 7/60k premium care plus first day for $885. Anyone know a better deal?

Anderson and Koch Ford had best prices last time I checked

Did you check out post 6?

Peter

Anderson and Koch Ford had best prices last time I checked

Flood Ford is about $100 over cost like my guy that I use. The reason I try to give my guy the business is that he misquoted me by $400. He didnt tell me he misquoted and honored the price which meant he took a $300 loss. Being I dont buy my vehicles from them, there was no way for him to make back the money.

Because he honored his misquote (could have easily told me to pound sand), I try to refer as many to him as possible. There are not many people out there in the auto world that would do that and he deserves the added business for both his professionalism and character.

You can ultimately shop around more but they deserve to make money and a $100 profit is acceptable. Why waste time searching around for a couple dollars difference??

So if I read this correctly, does this cover the LED warning lighting installed by Troy on the police interceptors?

Edit: After several phone calls to ESP, Fleet, CS, and dealership, looking up by part numbers, it seems anyone with ANY PI Utility or Sedan, ZERO options outside the base vehicle are covered under even PremiumCARE. Broken ballistic panel mounts... Not covered. ANY piece of the Ready for the Road or ANY lighting package/harness. Not covered. Even the prep package headlights for the extra warning lights... NOT covered (they wont even swap the civilian headlights in).

I know my posts are getting more and more cynical, but it seems like Ford doesnt care about these vehicles after the sale and assumes they'll be dumped at 100k miles before the first 3 years are up.

Check with Warrick Ford. It took a phone call, but they quickly beat every other quote that I had.

So if I read this correctly, does this cover the LED warning lighting installed by Troy on the police interceptors?

Edit: After several phone calls to ESP, Fleet, CS, and dealership, looking up by part numbers, it seems anyone with ANY PI Utility or Sedan, ZERO options outside the base vehicle are covered under even PremiumCARE. Broken ballistic panel mounts... Not covered. ANY piece of the Ready for the Road or ANY lighting package/harness. Not covered. Even the prep package headlights for the extra warning lights... NOT covered (they wont even swap the civilian headlights in).

I know my posts are getting more and more cynical, but it seems like Ford doesnt care about these vehicles after the sale and assumes they'll be dumped at 100k miles before the first 3 years are up.

Not knocking you but why should Ford offer a warranty. The PI vehicles are BEAT to death compared to the consumer version. They would be upside down on them if they offered an ESP on them. This is not to say the PIs are a POS, they are just used totally different and you can't expect them to hold up like a non PI vehicle.

I completely understand why they don't. They cover it the same as the non PI.. 3yr/36k.

Not knocking you but why should Ford offer a warranty. The PI vehicles are BEAT to death compared to the consumer version. They would be upside down on them if they offered an ESP on them. This is not to say the PIs are a POS, they are just used totally different and you can't expect them to hold up like a non PI vehicle.

I completely understand why they don't. They cover it the same as the non PI.. 3yr/36k.

Because I bought the vehicle new for use in other public safety ventures, and spent a large premium of my own finances on their factory options thinking it was the best route incase something went wrong.

And I can guarantee with oversight and blackbox technology, that without a good reason to drive like a maniac, that a large portion of Sport owners drive their vehicles harder

Just bought my ESP today through my contact on my F350 and he informed me there is now a 24 month financing plan for Ford ESPs.

I also compared his pricing to Flood Ford and found he was $10-$60 cheaper.

ESP plans come standard with 1st day rental. What I found out through him is that Flood Ford is advertising their plans with 1st day rental deleted crediting the plan by $70 making them look the cheapest but that is not the case when you are comparing apples to apples.

Here is a screenshot of my contract to show that it is a delete rather then an addition. Again, $100 over cost, you will not get it cheaper unless another dealer is removing options, charging higher deductibles, quoting a 3rd party or playing pricing games with a vehicle purchase.

Screenshot_2015-02-25-12-17-40_zpshwwymgyg.png

Be sure that price applies to you. Prices go up if you buy after 1yr/12k miles. Also, the years/mileage are from original in service date not date of purchase. if you knew this already, nevermind.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, I'm fully aware. Anyway, I contacted OP contact and my quotes are consistently $100 more then Flood. I am comparing apple to apple. Anyway, he does offer 6/12/24 months payment plan with no additional cost.

Be sure that price applies to you. Prices go up if you buy after 1yr/12k miles. Also, the years/mileage are from original in service date not date of purchase. if you knew this already, nevermind.

Back