explorer sport pics | Page 36 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

explorer sport pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Woke up this morning to a 50 yards lane way drifted in 4 foot deep in places but I needed my coffee, even with snow coming over the hood she made it out this truck keeps surprising me

Woke up this morning to a 50 yards lane way drifted in 4 foot deep in places but I needed my coffee, even with snow coming over the hood she made it out this truck keeps surprising me

love it... looks like my life here in the colorado mountains... except we aren't getting much snow this year! the sport is awesome at plowing through drifts tho :thumbsup:

Here's the bigger of the two halo:
IMG_20141201_171946_zps85f6de97.jpg

and here's a rough idea of the finished project minus the paint:
IMG_20141201_173220_zpsa6b5613d.jpg

that looks awesome! are you doing the inside black? im planning on doing the inside of my corner lights black aswell. whenever I get around to it. I just bought a 2014 CRF250R so i havent really been wanting to spend money on my explorer. I still might do the headlights though if some cash frees up

that looks awesome! are you doing the inside black? im planning on doing the inside of my corner lights black aswell. whenever I get around to it. I just bought a 2014 CRF250R so i havent really been wanting to spend money on my explorer. I still might do the headlights though if some cash frees up

Might help if I posted some progress pictures here, instead of just on instagram (@the_carticus). Progress is going slow, but I'm almost done with them. I did the housings in flat black with satin clear and the shrouds in flat OD green with the same sating clear.

Before and After
20150207_091043_zps61d79883.jpg

20150207_090837_zpsf694bf92.jpg

20150207_120043_zpse332a3bd.jpg

Very Cool Govna, those look great!

sounds like a plan. Gonna look real good when it's done

thanks man! yours looks great. what was your paint process like? I'm going to do that over the next few days. seeing your finished product has made me want to start mine! lol. I'm thinking 1 coat of that adhesion promoter, 2 satin black and 2 satin clear.

thanks man! yours looks great. what was your paint process like? I'm going to do that over the next few days. seeing your finished product has made me want to start mine! lol. I'm thinking 1 coat of that adhesion promoter, 2 satin black and 2 satin clear.

I used all VHT engine paint. Looking back, I should have used adhesion promoter because the paint chips super easy. I started by sanding back all the chrome in the headlights, then just went ham on primer and paint. Pacing myself because I wanted this to last a long time. Did like 3 or 4 primer coats to make sure it was all covered, the same on flat black, and then a few on satin clear. And then let it sit for a few days before I even attempted assembly

Just installed a brush guard today. $50 from craigslist and its rusty as hell but its a Waag.

PNuiQ8Hl.jpg

Just installed a brush guard today. $50 from craigslist and its rusty as hell but its a Waag.

PNuiQ8Hl.jpg

Just get a can of spraypaint or plastidip and cover it, will look good as new. Trying to find a cheap one in my area for my 99 sport :(

^^I did sand it down a bit and cover it with black plastidip. Looks great from 5+ feet away.

Added a spare tire with no wheel inside to my roof because I am a poser that likes the off road look.

5xqdJ5p.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back