Temperature gauge question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Temperature gauge question

These gauges are becoming the norm. People freak out if they see gauges move around a lot so its in most companies best interest to take an average over the past whatever time interval. It also prevents the gas gauge from moving around during braking and cornering. Its just meant for you to glance at and get a quick reading.

If you want to see the ACTUAL numbers get a bluetooth OBDII adapter and get an application on Android or Iphone to read these numbers (I suggest Torque on Android).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2013 explorer XLT
My temp gage moves to mid point smoothly but never raises any higher even when the service tech left my coolant cap off. I lost 3/4s of the reservoir but if I had not smelled antifreeze I would of never known.
I live in Arizona so I am use to cars running hot some times.
I take my car in for service a lot so I know the car is well taken care of and just got my 20K check up.
Bought the explorer from San Tan Ford and keep taking it back there for normal service and parts...so far no issues. They have all ways be nice to me.

So is my car normal or nuts?

TIA

AZ- I also have mine serviced there, the Eric's are my advisors. Have you mentioned it to your advisor? I have contacts there as well as Berge - if I can be of assistance please let me know.

Hi All,

I just noticed this morning that after the installation of my new drive belt and crankshaft pulley, the engine temperature gauge is always in the middle. Never tried overheating while driving under the scorching heat but should I be worried? Do I need to perform coolant flushing or something might be broken?

20180524_061713.jpg

Hi All,

I just noticed this morning that after the installation of my new drive belt and crankshaft pulley, the engine temperature gauge is always in the middle. Never tried overheating while driving under the scorching heat but should I be worried? Do I need to perform coolant flushing or something might be broken?
Your thread was merged with this existing thread found using the 'Search' feature.

Peter

It's fine. It tends to hang there somewhat lazily if the car is at the full-warm point. Worry if you start seeing it escalate upward further.

That's right where mine runs when my Explorer is all warmed up.

Back