deamon3's Jurassic Park explorer build thread | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

deamon3's Jurassic Park explorer build thread

How thick is that plexi? Looks like you just screwed it right into the metal around the sides?

The plexi is super thin stuff , it'll actually need a little brace piece put in for when I drive it. And yep I just screwed it's down to the roof. It ended up being a lot wider then normal so I just screwed it down and will cover the edges with a lot of rubber molding to hide all the mistakes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Worked on a some bondo

11abfqs.jpg

Making my own tail light covers because they're hard to find and I'm pretty broke. I don't expect these to actually protect the tail lights at all , more just decoration.

v5v6t4.jpg

fp2g5s.jpg

I found mine for like $20 on ebay bro. They're not screen accurate but they're very close. I'm still looking for an exact match.

I found mine for like $20 on ebay bro. They're not screen accurate but they're very close. I'm still looking for an exact match.

Ah see I couldn't find any locally , most are only available online. Plus as usual I'm low on money so anything i can make for free helps.

I made tons of progress on the painting! Its very cold here lately and it makes working on the car really hard. I still gotta paint the door handles , logos , numbers , and green bits above the doors.

i want to finish the exterior before starting on the interior.

e12ipd.jpg

34obhps.jpg

346thmq.jpg

2rqm7mw.jpg

That yellow looks awesome. A little more 'amber' colored than the rustoluem I used. Looks spot on! Keep it up dude.

Yes its a lot Warmer of a yellow then I used last time. I just swaped the front bumpers today and you can really see the difference.

I swapped the front bumpers and added the rear light covers , I'm going to do the decals and roof sealing next

10467002_10204808881010448_2458782389625999393_o.jpg

I painted on the side logos (minus the trex emblem because it's very hard) and also built/painted the roof lights.

2r40ny9.jpg

16igt2e.jpg

23nr52.jpg

2cr9abt.jpg

As of right now there isn't much as far as updates , once it got too cold to work on that's it gotta wait till winter is over. Or until I can figure out a heating solution for the garage. It does however still start/run very well so at least theres that. I was worried having it sit too long would screw with it mechanically.

I do have this picture of it next to my other projects from this year and it shows it with the roof lights attached

10658842_10204838652394714_3022023188370111926_o.jpg

A rare picture of a jp explorer in the snow!

1956762_10205654174542258_7547015258756569053_o.jpg

zr_Sa1pVonk

WOW is all I have to say to that, I would of thought you made the program for the actual movie... VERY well done... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JP Tour cars 6 and 7?

Has anyone ever thought of making cars 6 and 7? We never see them in the movie, but just as the tour program is being initiated, EX 4 and 5 are highlighted meaning they're online and ready to go and right under them not highlighted is EX 6 and 7, the next two tour vehicles.

Car number 4 is my favorite and if I turned my Explorer into a JP tour vehicle I would do car 4 but be cool to maybe do 6 or 7?

It really doesn't matter what number you choose to print onto the vehicle. Screen accurate would be 4 or 5. But they are all identical and any number of them could have existed.

And yes almost everyone has done each number. Mine will be numbered 2 as it's the second one I've made.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have wanted to do this conversion for a while now, but I think I should get a different explorer to do it on. My Explorer has 86,000 on it with original paint and no scratches/dents. I would also have to replace the interior since I have the blue leather. I was also thinking about just wrapping the body. Any thoughts on this?

Heres a pic, It was very dirty that day, and the antena was bent. :/

ZvNm71t.jpg

Back