• Register Today It's free!

auxiliary modification

CrGy2087

Reaction score
City, State
plano, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer xlt
Okay I'm trying to find something about installing an auxiliary input into my stock stereo. I've looked through about 50 pages of threads and haven't seen anything yet. If anyone's knows a thread about this can you please attach a link. Greatly appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think there is an option for that. Just use a fm transmitter/if cassette player, use the tape deck aux cord or buy a new radio.

I have the 6 disc changer. So cassett won't work. I like the 6 disc changer and don't want to buy a new unit. Can't you just splice in a aux port like you do with the transmitter port? I've seen it done on other vehicles. Am I crazy or no?

Pac audio PXHFD3 and PXDX. If you have the external CD player imput these two can be used to have an aux imput. I looked into it awhile ago but ended up replacing the radio with a Pioneer. Was almost the same price and got more options.

Should be doable with the 6 CD Changer My 03 had that radio There is a plug in the back of the radio for the input from the optional overhead DVD player. That being said it will take some knowledge of electronics and a schematic to make it work as well as some custom fabricated wiring. Would probably be way easier to just swap out the radio. As far as I know there are no aftermarket harnesses. I put a pioneer radio in mine and was told it was impossible to get the factory DVD to work with it but I was able to get it to work with a schematic .

Should be doable with the 6 CD Changer My 03 had that radio There is a plug in the back of the radio for the input from the optional overhead DVD player. That being said it will and post a how totake some knowledge of electronics and a schematic to make it work as well as some custom fabricated wiring. Would probably be way easier to just swap out the radio. As far as I know there are no aftermarket harnesses. I put a pioneer radio in mine and was told it was impossible to get the factory DVD to work with it but I was able to get it to work with a schematic .

Okay cool I'll pull the unit and see if it's on there. If so I can pull the schematic and figure something out, I have some knowledge in Electrical. If I can do it I'll try to remember to take pics and post a how to on it.

Should be doable with the 6 CD Changer My 03 had that radio There is a plug in the back of the radio for the input from the optional overhead DVD player. That being said it will and post a how totake some knowledge of electronics and a schematic to make it work as well as some custom fabricated wiring. Would probably be way easier to just swap out the radio. As far as I know there are no aftermarket harnesses. I put a pioneer radio in mine and was told it was impossible to get the factory DVD to work with it but I was able to get it to work with a schematic .

Okay cool I'll pull the unit and see if it's on there. If so I can pull the schematic and figure something out, I have some knowledge in Electrical. If I can do it I'll try to remember to take pics and post a how to on it.

Any update to this? I have a 6 disc stereo and would like to keep things simple but tap into that aux port somehow.

If I remember correctly there is a way to do this. There was a wiring kit sold by someone with detailed instructions. My stock head unit even had an AUX button on it so that alone tells me that theres a way to do it. I ended up switching out my whole sound system though and got a Pioneer touchscreen head unit.

So where I had found before has been discontinued. I did find this though. I hope it helps and is what youre looking for. Make sure though that everything is correct if you do decide to purchase.. I would look into the website too to see how legit they are. I would really hate for someone to get screwed over because of something I posted. The link to the website is also posted below along with some adapters.

http://www.oemautosound.com/c-18-ford-auxiliary-adapters.aspx

http://www.oemautosound.com/p-46-ford-lincoln-mercury-auxiliary-input-adapter.aspx

http://www.oemautosound.com/p-480-aux-adapter-ford-lincoln-radios.aspx

http://www.oemautosound.com/p-45-ford-pie-frd03-aux-s.aspx

Back