Average age of 5th gen. owners | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Average age of 5th gen. owners

Wife and I are 36 and 35, respectively. It's her vehicle, but I do all the research and such..lol. Her previous ride was an Acadia, which was great, but we couldn't trust it anymore and didn't want to risk a newer one either. Too many little issues with those. My parents have had 3 explorers with no issues, so it seemed like a good idea. We have two girls, almost 7 and 9 and do a lot of carting them and their friends around, so 3rd row was important.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum BlackedOutExp. :wavey:
Happy motoring.:thumbsup:

Peter

2015 Explorer 21 Year Old Male

43 myself
GF is 41

we have 14 Limited Black - Hers
mine is a 15 Limited White

34 - 2012 XLT white
offtopic, what does XLT means? :)

Me- 31 2014 XLT Tux Black
Her-30 2014 Limited Pearl White

Bought her's used with 4k on the odometer, saved me about $10K in total.

Mine is a company ride, and after having hers for 5 weeks mine arrived shiny and new.
We are both thrilled with them, the space and ride quality are great!

I'm 35

Main purchase reasons where towing capacity, 4WD, room inside, looks, entertainment system (mainly the dash options which I find very cool), . I have had mine since August 2014 and I just love it.

You all are making me feel very young.

Just picked up my Certified Pre-Owned 2014 Sport a week and a half ago. I'm 22.

Sunroof, BLIS, heated and cooled front seats, keyless, got it for $38,999. I was looking at new ones but this one was certified with 20K on it, you'd never know it wasn't brand new, it was the color and options I wanted, and this exact same one stickers for $50K new... I was happy with my decision.

Replacing my trusty 2004 Subaru Outback as my daily driver. Bought it for the power, comfort, and space.

71 now and wife is 61. Love the expy with the appearance pkg.
Car is hers. I have a 2012 Frontier.

This is my 2nd ford Explorer. I used to own a 2004 limited edition. I just recently got the 2015 sports edition. Love every bit of it!

Is anybody doing the math for an average? Too bad this wasn't set up as a poll. We aren't in the market until next year but my wife keeps leaning back toward another Tahoe. 29 y/o

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Forum Runner

55 Years old…..2015 White Platinum Limitd

2013 XLT I'm 29 wife is 25 and the car is "hers". I have a 04 F150.

Is anybody doing the math for an average? Too bad this wasn't set up as a poll. We aren't in the market until next year but my wife keeps leaning back toward another Tahoe. 29 y/o

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Forum Runner

I did a few pages past. See post 103. At that time median age was 36. Have about 20 more responses now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Male. I was 28 when i bought the Ex Sport in April last year.

Back