What did YOU do to your Explorer today? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Beautiful day here in the mid 60's. Started troubleshooting passenger-side door power window that no longer works.

Couldn't see any broken wires in driver door jamb. Pretty sure it's the motor so I'll be drilling out some rivets by the looks of things.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Before and after. ..

Attachments

• 20150309_135039.jpg
    20150309_135039.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 479
  • 20150309_141204.jpg
    20150309_141204.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,719

Added a pin-stripe to the Plasti-Dip job.

IMG_20150308_153649_zps1vohds9e.jpg

I pulled off my running boards and cleaned up underneath where they used to be. Waiting on a set of eddie bauer lower body accent to make it a way to the junkyard.1

Broke a sock mount attempting to put on new shocks, yipee

I got the ZJ steering shaft put on. Thanks @FR425

The old rag shaft was completely frozen. I had to cut it to get it off. :/

0310151621_zpsvxdpyooj.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::salute:

You do need to drill and install the safety pin on that upper,, if that thing works loose it can just slide off! .. . ..

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::salute:

You do need to drill and install the safety pin on that upper,, if that thing works loose it can just slide off! .. . ..

I know, I already drilled it, but off center, so I'm pretty much screwed on that. But it was very, very snug, I used Loctite, and I'm going to be checking the torque frequently.

I plan on buying a second one, doing it right, and keeping my first one as a spare.

I gave it a good cleaning, then....realized how muddy and wet some spots still are. Oh well, inside is still pretty. The motivational OCD voice in my head is chanting, "headliner, headliner, headliner, recliner lever".

EDIT: FR-425, where did you get that brush guard? That's pretty sweet. Plasti-dip? I think I'm curious about that too...

I gave it a good cleaning, then....realized how muddy and wet some spots still are. Oh well, inside is still pretty. The motivational OCD voice in my head is chanting, "headliner, headliner, headliner, recliner lever".

EDIT: FR-425, where did you get that brush guard? That's pretty sweet. Plasti-dip? I think I'm curious about that too...

Just a bone yard find.. it was on a 89 ranger.

I know, I already drilled it, but off center, so I'm pretty much screwed on that. But it was very, very snug, I used Loctite, and I'm going to be checking the torque frequently.

I plan on buying a second one, doing it right, and keeping my first one as a spare.

For now I would just use a piece of safety wire through the hole you've got. Something anything would be better than none.

You can't check it at 65 mph

Been busy with the Pumpkin. 4 balljoints, 3 heim joints, 1 trackbar bushing, and an oil change. I still need to change the fluid in the diffs, and the transmission.

I started it by smacking the starter with a hammer, then purchased and installed a new starter. I was not planning on this. :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got it stuck in 2wd because I was too lazy to lock in the hubs.

Back