TDS Anyone? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TDS Anyone?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wish I could make it out. At least we are taking Tracy's jeep up in the mountains Saturday to play.

I am all packed and ready to roll in the morning. Mike and I should be out there around noon .

We'll see you out there:thumbsup: I did PM Colin and he said he would check his schedule, so not sure if he'll make it. Zukman is riding out with me as well. We'll bring something for the potluck, let me know what your missing. I already have a bag tortilla chips I can bring.

We'll see you out there:thumbsup: I did PM Colin and he said he would check his schedule, so not sure if he'll make it. Zukman is riding out with me as well. We'll bring something for the potluck, let me know what your missing. I already have a bag tortilla chips I can bring.

Guacamole and / or sour cream is still on the list

We are camped off of S-22, 1.2 miles east of the relay tower at the San Diego / Imperial county line, or 3.0 miles west of the entrance to TDS vendor area. Big sign that says TDS. We are north of the highway about 250 feet.

I can bring guacamole...I thought this trip might be up in the air for me since I've been laid up in bed all day with food poisoning. Starting to feel better so I'll see how it goes in the morning.

I can bring guacamole...I thought this trip might be up in the air for me since I've been laid up in bed all day with food poisoning. Starting to feel better so I'll see how it goes in the morning.

Food poisoning is great. It's like your own 24 hr cleanse. Gives you a jump on a diet too:D

Got home later than planned thanks to traffic on the 91:mad: Need to take care of a few things here at home but I'll be out in the morning.

Living the dream

Attachments

• 20150307_120545.jpg
    20150307_120545.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 195

Got home about six. Had a great time despite the TDS crowd. They trashed the place. Beer cans and bottles everywhere, horrible trail manners, running over brush, etc. Not my type of people. This year seemed worse than ever. Good people in our group, however. Thanks to Stic-O, Zukman and DB-1 for showing up and keeping me from wheeling with Jeeps all weekend.

Some Pictures
DSCF5720_Large_.jpg

What I got stuck wheeling with most of the weekend
DSCF5671_Large_.jpg

DSCF5680_Large_.jpg

DSCF5715_Large_.jpg

IMG_20150305_173036563_Large_.jpg

IMG_20150307_114510875_Large_.jpg

IMG_20150307_120244628_HDR_Large_.jpg

IMG_20150307_160745328_HDR_Large_.jpg

I don't remember the name of this fab company, but they had these huge tie rods on this Jeep. What I thought was a little amusing was they were showing off what clearly was a clearance issue with the rock ram. Notice the missing yellow paint at the bolt.

Had a short but fun trip...felt good to do some wheeling again. Pot luck was great, I would've drove out just for that:p:

Thanks for the pics, Brian and Steve!

Had a great time! It was pretty nuts out there, not a normal truckhaven trip, and I'm actually glad the family didn't come this time. The crazy nighttime ditches is not something little kids she be exposed to. I never felt more like a sheep in my life, standing around waiting for. ...death and destruction :(

Day run was great though. I have some go pro video, but haven't even pulled it out of the truck yet. Still trying to catch up after getting up at 3:30am Saturday, trailer out 200 miles, wheel most of the day and load back up and drive back home, arriving at 2:30am Sunday. Plus daylight savings :eek:

Had a great time! ended up taking my explorer and glad i did.
I saw that white explorer with the tire on the back, too!
I wish i had gotten a chance to check it out a bit, I haven't seen any other SAS'd explorers in person. might be nice to see how someone else has done one

even got some video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4dogzvzXBc

So I'm sure others noticed the same, but Sunday I saw a ton of rigs coming back home on the freeway, and even on my own street :eek: Trucks I didn't know about in my own neighborhood. One guy had a 80ish bedless orange Yota . And a little while later a guy with one of those rock limos. You know the one that look like the big 4 seater sandrail on 42's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have some pics never uploaded from this trip. This should be good for now:D

Attachments

• DSCN0804[1].jpg
    DSCN0804[1].jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 146

Back