Winch Installed

Clusterpup

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Miami, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport Trac 4x4
Long time long time. I know I've missed a ton on here but just wanted to drop this photo of my winch now that's it's on my truck. :)

st0324131_zpsaee90c92.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great man, I really like the hawse fairlead. Gonna change over to a hawse before next winter, the road salt does a number to the rollers on my roller fairlead.

What winch is that?

I thought it looked like synthetic rope. I wanna switch to a hawse because it'll give me quite abit more clearance as well.

Nice. I was just wondering about you recently. I've been a lot more busy lately myself and the truck will likely stay as is for a while. Kind of hard with posts like this though.

[MENTION=106977]Clusterpup[/MENTION] how's things going? Hadn't seen ya around in a while.

Good to see you again. I saw your thread when you first got that bumper but nothing about it since. Looks like everything mounted up nicely. Great job.

Wasn't there something keeping the bumper from lignin up right? It's been a while since reading about it so my memory is a little fuzzy.

Looks good all finished with a winch on there :thumbsup:

Everything is good been super busy with life. Bumper is great and yes I did have an issue with alignment but I think its mostly do to front end collision the Trac was in before it was mine, it has a rebuilt title so it must have been a good smash.

Did you have to make any modifications to the bumper or Trac to get it to mount properly?

I had to cut off the factory bumper mounts that are attached to the front of the frame. Of course also had to cut the bottom of the plastic cowling.

About to order one as soon as I hear back from James.

Awesome. It's on my ever growing list of upgrades. Hopefully moving it towards the top of said list.

Back