Is my sync at the latest version ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is my sync at the latest version ?

Bitman

Reaction score
City, State
Quebec
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
Hi all,

Just bought a 2011 explorer XLT and I created an account on the ford owner site. There, when I verifiy for software updates, it tells me that my SYNC is up to date and the update was last confirmed on February 2011.

When I check the SYNC version in the car, it is 4.29.12285. Is this really the latest update for my car ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the last date the update was done is 2011, then I would say that you are likely 2 or 3 updates behind. You could even be on the initial version. The latest version for your vehicle is 3.6.2 which came out in August 2013. CCPU S/W Version for 3.6.2 is 4.30.13171_PRODUCT. If you bought your Explorer from a Ford dealership, they should have updated the software. The dealer should be able to do it without cost to you. Perhaps you can also use the method described in your account to report the latest software update using a USB drive and following the instructions for the SYNC Version Checker. You can also sent Rebecca, the IVT rep on this forum a Private Message using this link;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=181992

Peter

Haha that's what I thought. Then how can I download the updates ? Or will I have to take it to the dealer to have it updated ?

I had problems with that update as well. My account kept telling me I was up to date. I had them send the update to me on a USB drive via regular mail.

Peter

thanks for the info peterk9. Frustrating to realise that the Ford dealer where I bought the car did not update it, but at the same time I am not suprised. The car was not all in good shape when they sold it to me.

I just got a CPO 2013 XLT and just updated my Sync via the USB
(from downloading the file from the Ford site on my laptop and transferring to by USB stick) and updated the file driving to work.

Hi cwescapexlt4x4,
Where did you get the download ? From your Ford owner account ?

I sent a p.m. to Rebecca this morning as suggested by PeterK9, l will see if she can help.

Hi cwescapexlt4x4,
Where did you get the download ? From your Ford owner account ?

I sent a p.m. to Rebecca this morning as suggested by PeterK9, l will see if she can help.

Yes, from the owner account.

Hi To All!

Just got my first explorer. I would like to find out what version of MFT/Sync I have?

In my car is showing:
CCPU S/W Version: 4.30.13171_Product

It's completely different what is in all topics.
Could someone explain?
Thanks in advance.

Yes ... When I log on is showing : Gen2-V3.0.2 ..... Sync already latest version???
The build number for V3.10 should be 16180. I don't believe V3.0.2 is the same as V3.10.

Peter

After reading this thread. I attempted to update my 2011 Explorer. I followed the above link and created an account. I downloaded the proper file to upgrade to the 3.10 16180. I followed the instructions to a tee but got an install error. After calling tech support (young girls in the Philippines) they tried to step me through the process and we got the same result. After trying a couple different things we got the same result. She almost gave up and told me that I would need to go to a dealership to fix the issue. We couldn't get the screen to reset, it was stuck on "installing file 4 of 9". Not sure why, but she happened to ask me what version of flash drive I was using. I told her it was USB 3.0. She informed me that I could only use USB 2.0 or 1.0. So, long story short. USE USB 2.0 or 1.0 for this upgrade and any future upgrades if you have SYNC 2. Of course on the Ford website, its says nothing about the version of the flash drive to use. I hope this saves the next guy 2 hours of phone time and gas (the car needs to be running during the update install).

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Thanks for the info on the USB. I always try to schedule an update for when I have a longer than usual drive on my schedule. Most of the updates will resume from where they left off if such a drive is not possible.

Peter

Hi Please can you send me the update file

shahbaz77777@gmail.com
Rebecca and the rest of the Ford reps haven't been here for a few years now. If there is an update available for you it should be indicated on your Ford account along with instructions for downloading.

Peter

Rebecca and the rest of the Ford reps haven't been here for a few years now. If there is an update available for you it should be indicated on your Ford account along with instructions for downloading.

Peter
Thank you Peter

I have checked on Ford's website and its says my version is updated. But after seeing this thread, I came to know that I am using the factory version.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you Peter

I have checked on Ford's website and its says my version is updated. But after seeing this thread, I came to know that I am using the factory version.

Sorry, I forgot that the Ford website isn't always accurate. I don't have an Explorer but this screenshot shows a much more recent version.

Peter

Back