Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Alright so just a few weeks ago, I replaced one of the front wheel bearing in the front of the truck. When I came back from Truck haven last month the passenger wheel bearing was shot. To the point that when you turn, the brake rotor drags on the brake shield. When I take the weight off the wheel it feels like the lug nuts or spindle nut is not tight. However I can not tighten them anymore. So after just a few hundred miles and the bearing is toast again. This tells me there is another problem! It either a warped rotor of a bent spindle. I'm leaning to a warped rotor. Because I have another set of rotors and ran one of them as a spare for a few hundred miles with no problems.

What say the EF gurus?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So how is this issue now? its been a few weeks?

My d44 axle has a spout with bad bearings but they were coming bad from the company.

I have a old rotor on it now, so we'll see what Happens. I believe it is the rotor, or I'm thinking my ball joint are bad and destroying the bearings. Towing would make it worse, due to tongue weight. That is my theory right now. Truck has a shimmy at freeway speed right now too.:(

I know you don't have this truck anymore, but did anything come of this?

Benjam :D

I turned up the radio louder:D

Actually they started making aftermarket replacement bearings

Interesting. Reason I ask is it sounds similar to my 92 explorer. Chews threw front bearings but only on one side. Just searching the forums before I rip it apart.

Benjam :D

Back