Changing Wheels after placing Order | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Changing Wheels after placing Order

Mdg4486

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer
Hey guys.. First time poster here. I just ordered a 2015 Explorer and after 8 (long) years I am finally going to be apart of the family again! My question is: When I placed my order I didn't pay enough attention to the wheels that I wish I would have and now I am regretting not getting the 20" polished aluminum instead of the stock 18". Is this something the dealer can take care for me when the vehicle gets in. I've been told that once the order is placed with Ford it's pretty much unchangeable... (Is this true?)

Anyways looking forward to getting my Explorer by the end of April but just wish I would have done some more research on the available options like the tow package as well!

Any guidance or help is appreciated!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys.. First time poster here. I just ordered a 2015 Explorer and after 8 (long) years I am finally going to be apart of the family again! My question is: When I placed my order I didn't pay enough attention to the wheels that I wish I would have and now I am regretting not getting the 20" polished aluminum instead of the stock 18". Is this something the dealer can take care for me when the vehicle gets in. I've been told that once the order is placed with Ford it's pretty much unchangeable... (Is this true?)

Anyways looking forward to getting my Explorer by the end of April but just wish I would have done some more research on the available options like the tow package as well!

Any guidance or help is appreciated!!

Welcome to the forum, Mdg4486; congrats on ordering! I recommend calling your sales rep ASAP to look into changing the wheels. They'll be in the best position to tell you if any edits can still be made to your order. If it's too late to modify it, you may want to ask them if they can switch out the wheels once it arrives. Lastly, I'll be happy to provide you with weekly updates on your order's status. PM me your order number and dealership name/location; I'll hook you up! :thumbsup:

Crystal

Welcome to the forum, Mdg4486; congrats on ordering! I recommend calling your sales rep ASAP to look into changing the wheels. They'll be in the best position to tell you if any edits can still be made to your order. If it's too late to modify it, you may want to ask them if they can switch out the wheels once it arrives. Lastly, I'll be happy to provide you with weekly updates on your order's status. PM me your order number and dealership name/location; I'll hook you up! :thumbsup:

Crystal

Thanks Crystal but unfortunately I received a call from my rep this morning stating that they have stopped production on 2015 and are now moving to 2016. Little dissapointed but it looks like I will have to have them try to find me one instead. Are you finding this to be true as well?

Thanks Crystal but unfortunately I received a call from my rep this morning stating that they have stopped production on 2015 and are now moving to 2016. Little dissapointed but it looks like I will have to have them try to find me one instead...

Thanks for following up, Mdg4486. You may want to call our Marketing Program Headquarters at 1-800-334-4375; they're our pros when it comes to finding vehicles that check every box on your wish list. Alternatively, if you're on Twitter, you can send a tweet to our verified Twitter account: [MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION]. They'll be happy to help!

Crystal

Thanks Crystal but unfortunately I received a call from my rep this morning stating that they have stopped production on 2015 and are now moving to 2016. Little dissapointed but it looks like I will have to have them try to find me one instead. Are you finding this to be true as well?

Ordering on the '15's has stopped but they are still building them until mid May. You can make certain option changes to your order up to about 2 weeks before it's built so you might still have time.

Ordering on the '15's has stopped but they are still building them until mid May. You can make certain option changes to your order up to about 2 weeks before it's built so you might still have time.

Supposedly I placed my order the day after they stopped accepting orders. Really stinks since I spent so much time thinking about, researching, and choosing the different options. Now I will have to accept whatever is available out there that they can find.

Supposedly I placed my order the day after they stopped accepting orders. Really stinks since I spent so much time thinking about, researching, and choosing the different options. Now I will have to accept whatever is available out there that they can find.

Sent you a PM.

Back