EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The sooner we have dates locked down the better. We have a couple of guys up here. Who have to put in their vacation requests in almost a year in advance to get their dates.

I'm deffinately in for Moab 2016.

Carlisle is indeed the first weekend in June every year.

I have been saying "No more!" for the last few years, but then I look back at all the good times we've had and just plain miss everyone too much NOT to start the thread again. This year's AFN thread is up (2015 All Ford Nats).

I reckon for next year us East Coasters could try and plan an old school AFN/4wheeling run for the 20th anniversary in 2016?

Rick, Carlisle all Truck Nationals is a different date this year and will likely be different next year as well ( honestly Carlisle has gone strictly to the diesel trucks and is pushing everyone else out). My custom truck club puts on a show every year and this looks to be the biggest so far. As for 2016, we can host the EF group here in Robinson (Pittsburgh),Pa. at our show and go wheelin' at Doe Valley OHV. I can talk with other members here and with Jason from BigRubbers4x4 (club that runs Doe Valley OHV) about setting up a run. There's a ton of different trails, and stuff for everyone to do. You can check them out on youtube or on their site www.BigRubbers4x4.com . Great place and they are always doing charity runs and events which brings the most wheelers.

Now I have a goal to have my SAS'd, V8'd Sport Trac done in time to wheel with you guys since I can't make it out west.

The sooner we have dates locked down the better. We have a couple of guys up here. Who have to put in their vacation requests in almost a year in advance to get their dates.

I think the third weekend of May would be good. Its usually workrd out well for us weather wise.

I reckon for next year us East Coasters could try and plan an old school AFN/4wheeling run for the 20th anniversary in 2016?

Sounds good to me.

As far as Carlisle I know what you mean. I feel the same about SEMA lately but I keep going anyway...

I'm in for Moab 2016

http://www.carlisleevents.com/pdf/Event-Schedule.pdf
The Ford Nationals will be June 3 - 5 in 2016.

January 15 - 17 MLK holiday weekend - Truck Haven Hills, CA
May - 20 - 22 - 2016 Moab, UT
June 3 - 5 Ford Nationals - Carlisle, PA
4x4 run in PA??
Badlands - Attica, IN
SMORR, Seymour, MO
Barnwell Mountain - Gilmer, TX

Oh ok, I thought you were talking about all truck nationals, never went to all fords, that's my birthday weekend too (4th). I'll look into that, what about wheelin'?

not too far from carlisle is Rausch Creek. i don't there would be a problem getting some people together out here!

Wheeling is definitely an option, but we need at least 5 trail capable rigs before it's do-able. The last few years we had more stockers than anything else and it didn't really get off the ground. All of us with the bigger trucks are pretty much retired from wheeling now :/

jrgaylor said:
I'm in for Moab 2016

So, are we going down on the 13th and coming home on the 24th?

I am going to start threads for each stop on the trip. That way it will be easier to keep track of who is going where... I should have them up by the end of the day.

I am going to start threads for each stop on the trip. That way it will be easier to keep track of who is going where... I should have them up by the end of the day.

Can you link them here?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I should be able to make Moab, will be putting in the dates as soon as i can.

Back