• Register Today It's free!

Disable welcome message

Bitman

Reaction score
City, State
Quebec
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
Each time I start the car, I receive kind of a system message notification.
Is there any way to disable this ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Could you be a little specific? Does it pop up on the screen? What does it say? I believe the only thing that initially appears on the MFT screen is the blue Ford logo.

Peter

Well, I receive first an on screen notification, like if I was receiving a text message from the car. If i choose to have the system read it aloud, I think it says something l'île "welcome today is (date), bla bla ...and you have 1 meeting."
can't hear correctly as the message is in english and the system is reading it in french...sounds weird !

Thank you. This is not something that it should be doing therefore there likely is no option to disable it. If you have the 8" MFT screen, it should boot up with the blue Ford logo and then automatically go to the 4 quadrant 'Home' display. I'm not aware of anyway that it can be changed to come up with what you are reporting. There are a couple of things you can try to 'reset' the system but in each case be prepared to lose some saved memory features. Check out this thread for your options.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406826

Peter

It does boot up with the ford logo and then goes to the regular home screen. A couple of seconds later, I receive the message notification coming from 999-555-1234 ( I checked this morning). Text is "Hi Welcome to your Ford. The current date is... You have 2 meetings today".

If this is not the regular behavior, then I will try a master reset. Anyway my phone book is not downloading so I wanted to do it anyway. And I am also waiting for the latest MFT update on a USB key sent by Rebecca last week.

If at least I could change the message's text to something like "Hi my master, no matter which day we are, forget the meetings and let's go fishing today ! " :D

It's nice to see that you've been able to keep your sense of humour.:thumbsup: If this notification is something that an owner can set up, then it should have been cleared to its original factory settings by the dealership before the vehicle was put up for sale. Perhaps Rebecca can shed some light on it.

Peter

It's nice to see that you've been able to keep your sense of humour.:thumbsup:
Peter

I work in IT, so I am used to those things. ;) When I bought the Ex , my first thought was " Well an IT guy who bought a car that has Microsoft system in it...really ?!" :eek: ;)

But It is not like if the system wasn't working at all, it is just a little annoying when you have a couple of stops to make and you get the message each time...Hopefully an update and/or a reset will resolve this.

thanks for your time Peter !

Hi guys!

This message is not coming from MyFord Touch. I did a quick Google Search and found several pages like this one:

http://utbblogs.com/blackberry/how-to-use-voice-control-in-your-car-hands-free/

If you perform a master reset and re-pair your phone, you'll more than likely still get this message. Unfortunately, I don't know how to disable this on your phone. I suggest contacting the manufacturer or your provider for help with this.

Rebecca

Haaa a BlackBerry function ! That explain why I was not able to find anything searching for "Sync welcome text message" and things like that !

Well thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Issue should be resolve soon as I am suppose to replace my bb Z10 with a Samsung S5 in a week or two.

Keep up the good work Rebecca ! :thumbsup:

Based on the information Rebecca mentioned, have you tried turning off Bluetooth on your phone(or just having it out of Bluetooth range) to see if the message comes up? Then you could determine if it’s really a phone/Blackberry issue.

Back