Are TSB's not covered after warranty has expired? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are TSB's not covered after warranty has expired?

jumpervb

Reaction score
City, State
roanoke,va.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT & 2011 XLT
12-1-8 DUAL AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL (DATC) - BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR INOPERATIVE
Took my 2011 in for the above TSB. Dealer verified TSB applied. Then told me I would owe $100.00 deductible. (we have extended warranty) Regular warranty expired 1700 miles ago.
I was under the impression if there was a TSB out on something it would be fixed fee of charge.
Am I mistaken?
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

12-1-8 DUAL AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL (DATC) - BLEND DOOR ACTUATOR INOPERATIVE
Took my 2011 in for the above TSB. Dealer verified TSB applied. Then told me I would owe $100.00 deductible. (we have extended warranty) Regular warranty expired 1700 miles ago.
I was under the impression if there was a TSB out on something it would be fixed fee of charge.
Am I mistaken?
Thanks.
A TSB is covered under the ESP. Fully covered if you have no deductible or otherwise subject to your deductible.

Peter

Obviously he has $100 deductible, so it's not free.

Obviously he has $100 deductible, so it's not free.
I'm aware of that. Just making a statement about ESP coverage. Some members were not aware you get ESP without a deductible.

Peter

I'm aware of that. Just making a statement about ESP coverage. Some members were not aware you get ESP without a deductible.

Peter

I was more surprised to be told "too bad" we know it's a problem with your year X but since it is out of warranty we will fix it under your ESP but it will cost you $100.00.

I was more surprised to be told "too bad" we know it's a problem with your year X but since it is out of warranty we will fix it under your ESP but it will cost you $100.00.
I can understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately a TSB can only be carried out if the actual problem comes up. It isn't treated the same way as a recall. Good luck.

Peter

I can understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately a TSB can only be carried out if the actual problem comes up. It isn't treated the same way as a recall. Good luck.

Peter

Well, now I know.
Thanks!

Mine is out of warranty and I don't have an extended warranty. Wonder what my cost will be? We have been having this issue on/off since we bought the vehicle with 35,000 on it, but convincing the dealer of that is impossible.

Mine is out of warranty and I don't have an extended warranty. Wonder what my cost will be? We have been having this issue on/off since we bought the vehicle with 35,000 on it, but convincing the dealer of that is impossible.

Hi dcobra,

Since our dealerships are independently owned and operated, they can set their own prices for services. I recommend giving the service manager a call so they can provide you with an estimate.

Crystal

Hi dcobra,

Since our dealerships are independently owned and operated, they can set their own prices for services. I recommend giving the service manager a call so they can provide you with an estimate.

Crystal

Knowing our Ford dealer, they'll probably charge for just giving an estimate. thx for the reply.

Knowing our Ford dealer, they'll probably charge for just giving an estimate. thx for the reply.
Just curious as to what the issue is that you are having that needs to be fixed? :dunno:

Peter

Hi dcobra,

Crystal

Agreed :salute:

Back