Floor mats/liners/cargo mats | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Floor mats/liners/cargo mats

I have some Aries 3D mats in mine.

Same principle as Weathertek meaning they are custom fit.

They are shorter on the sides but work perfectly even in all the snow in Canada. Really are we really going to dump a gallon on liquid on the ground ? I mean the Weathertek is nice but really pricy.

I find the Aries to be perfect and cover perfectly the material on the floors. The trunk one is especially practical for skis and snowboards full of snow. The trunk one covers everything when third row down and can be folded if you need the third row up.

http://www.ariesautomotiveinterior.com/3D-Floor-Liners_Description.htm

Hey those look pretty good. They don't have 2015 though (2014 won't fit due to a change in driver's footwell.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey those look pretty good. They don't have 2015 though (2014 won't fit due to a change in driver's footwell.

Just my two cents but I've seen 3 cars in the last month with these and the only issue I've seen is the thickness UNDER the gas pedal. On all three cars the throttle travel was limited due to the floor mat. The Aries mat was the only mat in the car so it wasn't a stacking issue.

Just my two cents but I've seen 3 cars in the last month with these and the only issue I've seen is the thickness UNDER the gas pedal. On all three cars the throttle travel was limited due to the floor mat. The Aries mat was the only mat in the car so it wasn't a stacking issue.

I've had mine since August and no trouble with the throttle at all. I drive with winter boots (i'm up in Canada) and even with the thickness of the shoe absolutely no interference with the mat.

So far they have been doing a great job for me. Even when the snow melts on it the heat from the floor air vent is enough to evaporate and the salt marks are easily washed with a hose and brush.

For the price difference between them and Weathertek it is a no brainer for me. I just installed some from Aries 3D in my wife's 2015 VW Jetta and they fit like a glove, she is happy with them.

I used Wtech but stayed with Husky mats,
best coverage, easy to clean, & if water is in them - so far, no condensation on the underside.

Only problem is even a bit of water or any mud/slush etc and they can be slippery when getting in or out of the car, you have to be aware in advance & firmly plant your foot.

Driver/front passenger - when getting in our out that moment of push-off or climb in, foot always slips when the mat is wet.

2nd row-this is always happening when anyone steps on hump, usually slides off if wet shoes or wet hump or both.

I had the Husky liners in the Explorer and had to order another set for the Lincoln but never has any issues with slipping on them when they were wet. In fact there is a bit of water accumulating in the driver's liner so I have to empty it out. Very easy to do and with the Winter weather we get here I love the fact that the carpeted area of the door sill is covered.

Peter

Had the All-Weather mats in Explorer. Put the Aries 3D in front row and second row. They work great. Got about a foot of snow here a couple weeks ago and then couple nights of 15-25 below zero degree temperature. Much of snow and cold still around. Explorer gets around really great. Never owned Weathertech, but the Aries do an excellent job. Bought the front row liners from a friend. He wanted the Weathertech. I would highly recommend the Aries.

crrobbins

To 66m

I have the Aries 3D in black for 1st 2nd and cargo

The cargo folds perfectly fine for when I need the 3rd row.

I bought them from Distam in QC. (Distam.ca)

After the first winter I am very happy with them.

Cargo Mat: Ford OEM or WeatherTech?

We are looking to purchase a cargo mat for protection behind the 2nd row bucket seats w/console of our new-to-us 2011 Limited. We are considering either a Ford OEM or a WeatherTech cargo mat. The 'fit' of either appears to be about equal, the WeatherTech appears to be a higher quality product and of thicker/heavier construction--it also costs $52 more. We haven't been able to see/handle either 1st hand. Which would you recommend we purchase?

The Ford OEM:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181215779877?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The WeatherTech:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290946662040?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I have the oem ford mat. It's thin but weathertech stuff is much stronger, depends what you will be using the storage space for in my opinion.

Weathertech or Husky - I got Husky (first/second row) and very pleased with them.

I have the oem ford mat. It's thin but weathertech stuff is much stronger, depends what you will be using the storage space for in my opinion.
The primary need is of the mat is to offer protection from a metal wire dog crate when transporting our English Setter, Winston. We'd like to obviously protect the carpeting and try to somewhat control and contain the billions and billions of hairs that Setters seem to shed from down in and around the stowed 3rd row seats.

Does the OEM mat offer some skid resistance from something like a dog crate from sliding around? If you take a look at the link provided above for the OEM mat you'll see the edges are wavy from the mat being rolled up. They claim this waviness will disappear within a couple of days, do they? Would you purchase your OEM again?

TIA,
Wild Skies

The primary need is of the mat is to offer protection from a metal wire dog crate when transporting our English Setter, Winston. We'd like to obviously protect the carpeting and try to somewhat control and contain the billions and billions of hairs that Setters seem to shed from down in and around the stowed 3rd row seats.

Does the OEM mat offer some skid resistance from something like a dog crate from sliding around? If you take a look at the link provided above for the OEM mat you'll see the edges are wavy from the mat being rolled up. They claim this waviness will disappear within a couple of days, do they? Would you purchase your OEM again?

TIA,
Wild Skies

Mine moves around but with decent weight on it stay's though. Mine was just fine right out of the box no curl or anything. I would buy something more durable the next time I need one honestly. It's pretty thin

Weathertech all the way. Cant beat the fit or quality in any application I've seen.

I would like something like the mat available for the Durango. It is fabric of some sort (washable) and, what I REALLY like, it has a flap that folds out over the top of the bumper. No more scratches on that paint.

That is Brilliant !

Weathertech or Husky - I got Husky (first/second row) and very pleased with them.

I've always had weather tech, but because the price was the same and I could get it for the same price a week earlier from Amazon, I went with the Husky.

Based on past WT experience, the Husky is 98% as good as the Weathertech.

The WT people are totally **** about the small details and fit around oddball stuff. The Husky is just a tiny tad bit short in this regard. A good example is the fit around the plastic wing nuts that hold the plastic trim side panels in place. I haven't seen the WT's, but based on past experience I'm sure the WT would fit better.

The Husky is good, just not exceptional.

I think everyone agrees is that WeatherTech offers the best fit. However, it has been claimed by sellers of Husky and Ford OEM factory mats that the finish is a little softer and has more of a rubberized texture than the WeatherTech, which I would think would help keep the crate and dog from skidding to the other side of the cargo area when rounding a corner faster than one should. Those that have a WeatherTech am I making too much ado about nothing?

I can't speak of the others but the weathertechs do have somewhat of a rubberized plastic feel. I wouldn't say they're rubberized but I don't have any problems with things sliding around on them including muddy or snowy boots in the front footwells.

O1STrunner, from my understanding the cargo mat is a single layer material, which differs from the 3-ply construction of the floor mats for the seating areas. The WeatherTech people told me that the finish on the cargo mat is quite hard, but it is textured. The texturing is about the only thing they claim that offers any skid resistance. My question remains, does just the texturing do the job?

For those that have the Ford OEM factory cargo liner, how do you rate the fit compared to other brands?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

O1STrunner, from my understanding the cargo mat is a single layer material, which differs from the 3-ply construction of the floor mats for the seating areas. The WeatherTech people told me that the finish on the cargo mat is quite hard, but it is textured. The texturing is about the only thing they claim that offers any skid resistance. My question remains, does just the texturing do the job?

For those that have the Ford OEM factory cargo liner, how do you rate the fit compared to other brands?

Interesting I didn't know that. I'll shut up and watch from afar now haha.

Back