• Register Today It's free!

Torque App

Go3Team

Reaction score
City, State
Henrico VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer XLT
I tried searching, but seems limited to the older Explorers. I used this app with my previous vehicle and it worked fine. I'm trying to get it to work on the Explorer, but it appears the cheaper OBDII adapter don't work on it.

Does anyone use this app, and has a good OBDII adapter that works properly?

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know how cheap, "cheap" is, but I got this one for about $12 and it works just fine with Torque Pro: http://amzn.com/B00PJPHEBO

I just wish I could see oil pressure/oil temp, but could be I'm just not looking at the right part.

I don't know how cheap, "cheap" is, but I got this one for about $12 and it works just fine with Torque Pro: http://amzn.com/B00PJPHEBO

I just wish I could see oil pressure/oil temp, but could be I'm just not looking at the right part.

I got it to work. I found out if my phone is connected to the radio w/ blueteeth, its not going to work. I dusted off a tablet and it worked fine on it. I just have to figure out a 2 tablet mount now.

I got it to work. I found out if my phone is connected to the radio w/ blueteeth, its not going to work. I dusted off a tablet and it worked fine on it. I just have to figure out a 2 tablet mount now.

Odd, mine worked with Sync connected. Could be the version of Android, or the Adapter. Glad you at least got it working.

If you want a superior tool check out the Scantool MX. It is a OBD2 bluetooth dongle like the cheap ones on amazon, but better quality. I have one and I think it's well worth the $99.

The scan tool does not use the ELM327 chip like all the cheap ones. It uses an STN1110 which is 10x faster then the ELM327. This makes a big difference if you plan to do any datalogging. It works on my '13 sport without issue.

Works great on mine! Here's a pic that shows the adapter I use (sorry for it being pedals, the only one I had):

Pedals%20OEM%20amp%20Sport_zpscccmkbpt.jpg

Do a search for "Viecar" on eBay and you'll find the adapters all over the place.

Back