Sync v4.4 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync v4.4

I don't even know what kind of phone that is... blows my mind that iPhone does not/has never worked for me.

Delete the Sync Profile in your iPhone and Delete it from the Sync System. Then repair the iPhone with Sync, enable notifications on the iPhone in the new Sync profile and it should work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Texting also works on my phone, and works pretty well. I have an iPhone 6 on the Rogers network.

Glad i found this thread. . .my update went well non-nav, Mounty 2010. I started the update and left it in the garage with the key on engine off. Came back 15min later the the display said 'complete'.

Only notes so far: I had to re-pair my iphone 5s; hooked my old iPod Touch 32gb 4th gen, to USB and it sync'd well. The message that usually says 'Sync was not able index all songs' is gone, nice bonus. Like i was really going to enter missing tracks.

Thanks to Ford Mo. Co. for the update. Another truck to go.

Thanks for posting this information, I hadn't heard anything about it.

I went to the Ford site and registered my Sport Trac and it told me I had to take my ST to the dealership for my update. There was no option for me to download and install myself.

Rebecca, is there a difference here I don't understand?? If I have to take it to the dealership to program, will I be charged an arm and a leg??

I'd love to update, but making an appointment and driving 45 miles to the dealership isn't my first choice...
LR

Hi Loren R,

This update is for 2010-2013 vehicles with Basic SYNC and SYNC with MyFord; 2010-2014 vehicles with SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation. If you still have your 2008, this update won't be available, but you may have an upgrade that your dealership can apply. It'll add 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report. Your dealer may charge for it, so give them a ring before heading over there.

Rebecca

Hi Loren R,

This update is for 2010-2013 vehicles with Basic SYNC and SYNC with MyFord; 2010-2014 vehicles with SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation. If you still have your 2008, this update won't be available, but you may have an upgrade that your dealership can apply. It'll add 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report. Your dealer may charge for it, so give them a ring before heading over there.

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca!! I appreciate the your time and answer!!

I have a little trepidation about updating my system, I 'bricked' my nav unit once while doing an update and had to replace it. I don't text or stream music from my phone, what other features would this update do for me? I have a '10 ST with nav unit.

Hi Loren R,

Rebecca

Sorry if this is repetitive. ..but this for all 2010 Fords with SYNC correct? Hoping I can update my Focus.

Thanks Rebecca!! I appreciate the your time and answer!!

You're welcome!

I have a little trepidation about updating my system, I 'bricked' my nav unit once while doing an update and had to replace it. I don't text or stream music from my phone, what other features would this update do for me? I have a '10 ST with nav unit.

There are other minor updates for the phone connection and other media devices.

Sorry if this is repetitive. ..but this for all 2010 Fords with SYNC correct? Hoping I can update my Focus.

Yes, you should be able to log into your Owner account and see the update. If not, shoot me your VIN in a PM and I'll take a look.

Rebecca

Yes, you should be able to log into your Owner account and see the update. If not, shoot me your VIN in a PM and I'll take a look.

Rebecca

I was able to download the update and install. It is a bit buggy though.

*Will only download and connect to 1 app at a time, Pandora, iheart, .....Domino's?:wtf:

Then I can't get to another app, in the stereo.

*When running just BT audio with Pandora (not using applink or whatever) it will not read the songs if I change the station.

Overall it's improved... Messaging looks like it could be buggy too, but need to test more.

Just did the 4.4 update. I must say I do like some of the new features! I have an iPhone 6 plus and couldn't get the text messages as some folks. I deleted and re-paired my iphone. Then turned on notifications for bluetooth. It works great now! Sync will read my texts to me. So it does work! :)

I was able to download the update and install. It is a bit buggy though.

*Will only download and connect to 1 app at a time, Pandora, iheart, .....Domino's?:wtf:

Then I can't get to another app, in the stereo.

*When running just BT audio with Pandora (not using applink or whatever) it will not read the songs if I change the station.

Overall it's improved... Messaging looks like it could be buggy too, but need to test more.

When you say "Will only download and connect one app at a time" do you mean only one app is showing in the Mobile Apps list?

Just did the 4.4 update. I must say I do like some of the new features! I have an iPhone 6 plus and couldn't get the text messages as some folks. I deleted and re-paired my iphone. Then turned on notifications for bluetooth. It works great now! Sync will read my texts to me. So it does work! :)

Glad you're liking it, MrLunchbox!

Rebecca

When you say "Will only download and connect one app at a time" do you mean only one app is showing in the Mobile Apps

Rebecca

Yes, sometimes it's more now. It does seem pretty buggy now. There are many times where the Sync button flat out doesn't work or it just ignores what you said and goes back to the last thing you were on. The new features are great, but came with the price of not working at all sometimes.:(

Does Ford plan on correcting the issues from this update? Mine worked great at first and now its horrible. Hopefully a patch will come out.

i was excited about this update, but in the real world, i guess i just dont get enough texts.. I think i have only used the text reading feature a few times. I do like the streaming music display change.

Main downside i have noticed is the delay before a caller can hear me when answering a phone call, overall pretty laggy now...

i was excited about this update, but in the real world, i guess i just dont get enough texts.. I think i have only used the text reading feature a few times. I do like the streaming music display change.

Main downside i have noticed is the delay before a caller can hear me when answering a phone call, overall pretty laggy now...

Having the same lag issues. My phone will ring, and it takes about 3 - 4 seconds before it actually pops up on my nav screen giving me the option to answer my phone.

Yes the lag is ridiculous!

I downloaded the update to Sync v4.4 but have not installed it as yet. I wanted to get every thing else working before updating i.e. BT, Health Report, Sirius re-activated. Thats where the problem arose. I called Sirius to activate the radio and the rep was walking me through the setup, but I kept getting SAT FAULT, B 1342 SAT. I was told to take it to the dealer for servicing. Googled the fault code and found a post on the explorerforum.com that info'd a TSB for 2008-2010 ST and others, that the SDARS module had to be reprogrammed and-- " only the dealers diagnostic equipment and software have the ability to perform this update." Took it to the dealer and was told it would be $100 + tax!
I should not have to spend a $100 to access a feature that was built into this vehicle and then pay $120/yr to Sirius to receive the signal. Also, are the Sirius updates and Sync v4.4 anyway related? From the feed back above, it seems the Sync v4.4 begins to get buggy after a while in some phone/vehicle combos.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just following up with this thread... I'm noticing more and more issues as time goes on - now I'm dealing with delay issues switching between USB, Bluetooth audio, and line in. Then it finally catches up with itself and runs through all of them for however many times I pushed the source button... Pretty annoying.

Back