Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV | Page 66 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Before:
1I.jpg

After:
collage1.jpg

I had just bought the truck for 4k with just over 100k miles on it, was just going to be a daily driver but decided to make it a capable off road vehicle. Soon you will see the transformation of this truck into the ZAPV or Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle.

This is how I got the truck.
1I.jpg

1IV.jpg

I decided to put bed liner on all of the plastic parts, and it looked good. At this point I thought I was done with the body (foolish me) I was going to settle for a good looking with minor capabilities truck.

2I.jpg

2II.jpg

2III.jpg

2IV.jpg

S7303032.jpg

I soon grew tiered of all the plastic wrapped around the truck, and the fact that the bed liner wasn’t sticking to it, so I pulled all of the plastic off and started over. I filled all of the holes left by the plastic with bondo or expanding insulation foam.

3II.jpg

3I.jpg

3III.jpg

Bed lining was applied next. The whole truck was covered (including the rear wheel well). This didn't take as long as I thought it would.

S7303454.jpg

S7303456.jpg

S7303457.jpg

S7303458.jpg

S7303459.jpg

(this is where I put bondo to fill in the divit.
S7303461.jpg

S7303463.jpg

And at last the Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV. It is the essential vehicle to use in case of a zombie outbreak, it can drive long distances, prevent rust, clime mountains, find high ground, and cover your sent from the brain eating *******s. This should not be your only plan in an zombie infestation, but you should always keep several options on the table. A vehicle would be the first step of a evacuation from an infected area. You would only want to use it to get out of a major city and make it to a relatively rural zone where you can take a high vantage point. Remember always be prepared.

collage1.jpg

S7303498.jpg

S7303485.jpg

S7303484.jpg

S7303473.jpg

EDIT: I don't have time to make rules and such for membership so if any one want to be in Team ZAPV just pick a number (except 1-3)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Ha... this is great. Can I GET number 92 please?

any of you guys still alive?

Yeah i am been going through a rough time got slaped with the divorce papers so I been a little preoccupied

I was at work all day , but #161 is driving me around daily , it still needs its attention , but it manages lol

Just recently bought a hitch basket so we (the caravan) can carry extra gas tanks. ans not get high on gas fumes while driving omega

Yeah 313 went down But is now being revived as a 91 instead of the 2000

Just recently bought a hitch basket so we (the caravan) can carry extra gas tanks. ans not get high on gas fumes while driving omega

But gas fumes are fun, aren't they?

My ZRT Uniform
( lost photos)
It was my costume for a Halloween themed wedding.. Its almost all government issue stuff I dyed it all red as to not look like nor disrespect any of our service members.. :salute: It also goes with my red Ex ZAPV and I thought there will be lots of blood to blend into when the zombies come.. And your probably going to be red from blood most of the time anyhow..

Explorer2.jpg
It now has 18" Zombie Outbrake Responce Team decals that take up the rear side glass I will try to get a new Pic up soon.

Dang, Almost a full year since anyone's posted in this thread. Good to see someone's still alive and kicking

Yea for a minute I thought everyone had turned Z...

Well, I'm getting prepared for the ZA. I ordered this and it arrived last month.

(Imagine a picture of the Katana that I ordered)

Nothing says preparedness than being able to fend off the walkers while I replace the inevitable broken front axle shaft. No firearms as sound attracts the undead.

Well, I'm getting prepared for the ZA. I ordered this and it arrived last month.

(Imagine a picture of the Katana that I ordered)

Nothing says preparedness than being able to fend off the walkers while I replace the inevitable broken front axle shaft. No firearms as sound attracts the undead.

oh man, I gotta use my imagination?

(lost photos) I think I'm worthy. 2"tt. Warrior shackle. 5.0 awd leaf springs. 33s. Custom bumper. Sway bar delete. Roof basket. Recovery strap in the ammo can. And of course Dixie horns so I can be a bad a$$ when I'm mowing down the zombies. Bet that'd make the duke boys proud. Zapv 919 out.

Back