List of Useful Threads - Hood Paint bubble issue only | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

The 3 year, 36k factory warranty would cover it. The Ford CPO specifically says it does not. There are a few members that have had this issue covered even though they were outside of the warranty. I would suggest trying to PM Crystal the Ford Service rep here to see if there is anything she can do for you.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 3 year, 36k factory warranty would cover it. The Ford CPO specifically says it does not. There are a few members that have had this issue covered even though they were outside of the warranty. I would suggest trying to PM Crystal the Ford Service rep here to see if there is anything she can do for you.

Peter

Thanks. I'll give it a shot but my local dealership was pretty smug about it when they called to tell me it was denied. Basically told me better luck next time.:thumbdwn:

Peter

The ones that had it covered outside of warranty were covered by the dealership not Ford.

Thanks. I'll give it a shot but my local dealership was pretty smug about it when they called to tell me it was denied. Basically told me better luck next time.:thumbdwn:

Don't even bother contacting cystal. All she can do is push this the the regional service rep. If Ford said no to the dealership the answer is no. You will only be more pissed off taking Peters advice to start contacting people at Ford. Their customer service is garbage. But Ford does offer a 50 percent plan where they cover half the expense if you plan to contact them.

It's worth a try, JDubya! Send me your info in a PM and I'll escalate this to your regional customer service manager. Be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership; I'll get the ball rolling. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Don't even bother contacting cystal. All she can do is push this the the regional service rep. If Ford said no to the dealership the answer is no. You will only be more pissed off taking Peters advice to start contacting people at Ford. Their customer service is garbage. But Ford does offer a 50 percent plan where they cover half the expense if you plan to contact them.

I've contacted Crystal, spoken to a Customer Service Manager named Heather (they don't give out last names)and that CSM's supervisor. I have the supervisors full name.

I have been reasonable in the points I have made. Conversational, not confrontational - but I have made my points.

Now the CSM is not getting back to me/returning my polite VM's.

I'm ready to start calling and emailing the CEO's office. The calls with the CSM are recorded, and I'd like some people up top to listen to them to see not only that I was reasonable, but to truly escalate this problem for a lot of customers.

...Now the CSM is not getting back to me/returning my polite VM's...

Hi tmg19103,

You should be contacted by the end of the day today, but if you don't receive a call, let me know so I can help. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Hi tmg19103,

You should be contacted by the end of the day today, but if you don't receive a call, let me know so I can help. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Thank you.

problems

I have a 2013 explorer, has anyone else had to replace the a/c motor and the windsheild washer motor, also does anyone have paint problems? all four of my doors on the bottom have lost their paint, i also have a paint bubble on my hood and upon a body shops inspection their is deterioration all along the inside seam of my hood. anyone else?

Welcome to the Forum kaciekucha.:wavey:
I don't recall anyone having to replace either their A/C or windshield wiper motors. As for your other concerns, I have merged your thread with this one on the hood paint issue. For the bottom door edge paint issue, check out the following thread;
Bottom Door Edge Issue??

If you would like assistance from the Ford rep on this forum, you can send a PM (private message) to Crystal \
(dead link)
When you PM, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.

Peter

Just picked up my 2013 XLT w/32k and it had 2 spots on the lip of the hood that were bad, dealer and ford has agreed to fix but it is very disappointing to see that there is such a big issue with the paint. I hope these are the only problems I have with my new to me ride.

Just picked up my 2013 XLT w/32k and it had 2 spots on the lip of the hood that were bad, dealer and ford has agreed to fix but it is very disappointing to see that there is such a big issue with the paint. I hope these are the only problems I have with my new to me ride.

Just be thankful you are under warranty. I agree this is very disconcerting regardless. I am well acquainted with a body shop owner. Don't get him started on Ford paint jobs, and especially anything over aluminum, though I am sure he is not complaining about the business he gets.

Hi tmg19103,

Crystal

5 days later I still have not received a call back from the CSM or supervisor I have spoken to.

Told you their customer service is the best. Rolling eyes!

Left another VM with the Ford corporate CSM who has not gotten back in over a week. It almost seems spiteful at this point. Instead of my not bowing to what they suggested, I made polite and valid points regarding my concerns and I guess you get discarded due to that. That's some customer service by Ford.

I'll keep calling and I'll keep posting about being ignored. Ford will have to live with that on this forum. Plus, at this point I am so frustrated I have some other ideas on how to handle this with some posts documenting multiple issues we are all familiar with and putting together a YouTube on all of them. I have not had nearly the issues as the guy in the below YouTube and I am not asking for a new vehicle, but he did get over 1.7 million views. I am in the internet business and own several websites so I know how to promote and get top page ranks on Google for relevant keywords/key phrases.

At least Porsche corporate customer service spoke to this guy and tried to help - to a degree. Appears the policy at Ford corporate customer service is to ignore your documented problems and concerns. I found the 5:30 point of the below YouTube interesting. That's Porsche, but make me wonder how the industry works as a whole given Ford's lack of customer service.

My starting point will be emailing a link to the above post to Ford CEO Mark Fields with a written history of what has transpired so far.

You can get CEO emails (or at least the CEO office) here:

5 days later I still have not received a call back from the CSM or supervisor I have spoken to.

Thanks for letting me know, tmg19103. I reached out to your CSM and she indicated she'd give you a call today. :thumbsup:

Crystal

For those that have had and/or are having this issue, am I the next victim?

For those that have had and/or are having this issue, am I the next victim?

I can't really tell from that picture. Does it feel hard like a weld or does it feel like a paint bubble? From the 2015's I saw on t he lot that are starting I never opened a hood. I ran my fingerss along the lip. If I felt a bump or rough spot that car will have a problem.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I heard from the my service advisor yesterday that my bubbling was not fixable and that I would be getting a new hood. I was assured that it was a factory ford hood and all would be warranted through ford. I guess I'll see how it comes back at least they gave me a 2012 XLT to drive while mine is being fixed.

Back