New to Ford! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to Ford!

digitalsteve

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer LTD
So I bought a 2015 Explorer and I am coming from a 328 BMW. So far I am loving my explorer. Since I dont know any better, I thought I would ask you experts.

All of the parts from the outside bumper to the inside paneling, even the inside roof and inside door paneling... Everything just seems so "bendy". Nothing seems to be bolted down nice and tight, everything is able to be pushed in or able to bend a little. I mean everything! Is this normal or is my car not right?

So my question is: Does Ford make all the parts do this on purpose to allow everything with a little "give"? I'm thinking its on purpose so that by not making everything so rigged, there is less of a chance they break. Am I completely off here? I'm just used to things not feeling this way. :thumbsup::thumbdwn:

Hope that made sense.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum digitalsteve.:wavey:
I don't think there is anything wrong with your Explorer. I believe many vehicles are being built this way and it's likely to reduce overall weight so they can meet fuel mileage requirements. In case you weren't aware, the hood is aluminum.

Peter

I have noticed the same. I also have a 15 Explorer Limited. It bothered me a bit at first and then I saw the same thing happening on my friend's 15 Toyota Highlander. So now I dont feel as bad.

What in the world are you talking about? "Bendy" meaning what? That doesn't even make sense.

Back