For Sale - CHP 347 long block | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale CHP 347 long block

Oh boy, look! It's the post I hoped I'd never have to do! /sarcasm/ Seriously, though, I figured I'd give my fellow EF'ers first crack before I put this up on the Mustang forums and Craigslist. Have some respect when posting, please... I'm already torn up about this, I really don't need any additional ball-busting.

FOR SALE! One lovely Coast High Performance StreetFighter 347 long block. This next part is copied from the day I got it, because it's been awhile and I can't honestly recall all the specifics: It has Trick Flow StreetHeat heads, roller rockers, Stage 1 cam, Forged crank, all CHP bearings & seals, and Fel-Pro gaskets. The ex-owner was running a Vortec Supercharger at 5lbs of boost through a C4 trans. It supposedly dyno'd at 520 horsepower but I don't quite know if I believe that. He deliberately opted for the TF heads and stage 1 cam for reliability instead of going whole hog with a bigger set up. It had 1,420 miles on it the day it was removed from its home in a Fox body, and hasn't been installed in anything since. I do NOT have official paperwork for it, sorry. However, if you want to flip the sucker upside down and borrow my boroscope to check out the pretty Probe pistons and guts, you're certainly welcome to. There is currently an awesome KEVKO 9qt, rear sump racing oil pan that it loosely attached- if you're willing to pay what I'm asking, it'll be included with the motor. Otherwise it stays with me and you get a steel Exploder oil pan. I also have a mutant 347 Explorer pulley that was built specifically to go with this motor (28 oz balance, made by Total Performance) if you're interested. Crank spins freely, and it's been oiled regularly with full synthetic 10w30 to keep it lubed up.

The timing cover and engine mounts in the pictures DO NOT come with the motor! (JT powdercoated them specifically for my truck, and that is where they will remain). I will slap a spare old Mustang cover on it just for safe transportation, unless you want to bring your own.

Motor is currently hanging out on its stand in a heated garage in Freeland, Pa (18224). I may be able to work out some kind of delivery if you're within a few hours of my home, otherwise you're on your own for transporting it. Pm me if interested or if you have questions.

347: $3500 obo with pan, $3350 without
28oz crank pulley for distributorless system: $150

CHP's page: Coast High Performance Strokers

Kevko's page (it's part #F201 ): Kevko Racing Pans
ford_rear_sump_full.gif

Attachments

• 20150407_211519 (Custom).jpg
    20150407_211519 (Custom).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 274
  • 20150407_211557 (Custom).jpg
    20150407_211557 (Custom).jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 268
  • 20150407_211623 (Custom).jpg
    20150407_211623 (Custom).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 282
  • 20150407_211646 (Custom).jpg
    20150407_211646 (Custom).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 262
  • 20150407_211705 (Custom).jpg
    20150407_211705 (Custom).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 274
  • charger pulley.jpg
    charger pulley.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 258

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this pains me to see this up....:(
i am going to up in here FWIW. i have also seen this motor first hand. its clean, in good shape, and spas has kept great care of this motor while she has had it.

I have to say, I'm really disappointed in the timing of this sale.
I'm in line at Ford Strokers, and my shortblock should be complete in a little over a month.

This would have been a perfect motor for me. The price is extremely attractive.

I have to say, I'm really disappointed in the timing of this sale.
I'm in line at Ford Strokers, and my shortblock should be complete in a little over a month.

This would have been a perfect motor for me. The price is extremely attractive.

Good to know- I wasn't sure how people would react to the price, seeing as to how I don't have paperwork with it. Sorry about the timing!

Me two.
Sounds like the compression is right on the money if the motor did reach those hp levels with low boost.

Sounds like it would be a nice motor, either boosted or n/a.

if it helps don, i used to threaten her about steeling it from her a few times when i was at her place lol

Welp, it just went on Cl for about a grand more than I'm asking here. Ugh. I hate Craigslisters... most of them are totally psychotic. *sigh*

Welp, it just went on Cl for about a grand more than I'm asking here. Ugh. I hate Craigslisters... most of them are totally psychotic. *sigh*

Telling me :(
Good luck with the sale. My 4.0 sure is getting tired... if you feel like making a donation :D

Lol- I gotta tell you the same thing I told Tim: NOPE.

Also, for those thinking that I'm totally giving up on Blackjack- I'm not. Well, not yet, least ways. If I have $$ left over after I sell this damned thing, I'm going 302 hunting. A friend of mine has a Fox body that runs high 9's on a modified 5.0 with a blower... one ride in his car and I was hooked :D

Besides, I have a Focus and a very sad and neglected '95 Explorer that need fixin' asap!

Back