Sync 3 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3

Microsoft's involved in this.......my bet is its a complete disaster.

Buggy as all hell, updates every week, promised functionality turns into vapourware.

Just like using Windows 8.1

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some nice pics here of new LC, check out the console.

Does Ford absolutely sure it is a Lincoln Continental? Cause it looks like a Bently Continental instead!

Does Ford absolutely sure it is a Lincoln Continental? Cause it looks like a Bently Continental instead!
That is why Bentley has been complaining about it. I read that somewhere. I read that the 2016 Fusion may share a similar front end. I believe it is to be unveiled in China on the 20th.

Peter

That is why Bentley has been complaining about it. I read that somewhere. I read that the 2016 Fusion may share a similar front end. I believe it is to be unveiled in China on the 20th.

Peter

The '16 Fusion is already out. The '17 MKZ grille will look similar to the Continental. The '16 Taurus is being unveiled in China.

The '16 Fusion is already out. The '17 MKZ grille will look similar to the Continental. The '16 Taurus is being unveiled in China.
Guess I got the vehicles mixed up.:)

Peter

Peter

Honestly, I'm going to miss this Fusion, I like it so much. I hope that it will not change too much any time soon.

So would the hardware in the 2016 be compatable if they do release the SYNC 3 stuff later on in the year? Not sure if it would be just a simple software update or if it would require all new hardware.

I saw over on the Sync site that you will be able to upgrade certain 2015 models to Sync 3. If that's the case, wouldn't you be able to do so with all 2016's,?

I saw over on the Sync site that you will be able to upgrade certain 2015 models to Sync 3. If that's the case, wouldn't you be able to do so with all 2016's,?

This makes sense to me....

If any of you recall (there was mention of it here) someone that works for or with Ford put SYNC 3 in their 2013 Taurus and said an "antenna" needed to be added otherwise it was pretty much plug and play.

Today when I was researching vehicle programming I noted that a 2015 Explorer showed that it has TWO GPS modules in it. I put money on it, the added one is for use with SYNC 3.

BTW what SYNC site?

You really think Ford would keep from selling the cash cow that is the Platinum trim because Sync 3 is not ready?

The Platinum is already showing late availability, so looks like they are for whatever reason. This surprises me, since the whole reasoning seems to be that most customers that order a sport check all the boxes and want more content, yet the Platinum it isn't going to be job 1.

This makes sense to me....

If any of you recall (there was mention of it here) someone that works for or with Ford put SYNC 3 in their 2013 Taurus and said an "antenna" needed to be added otherwise it was pretty much plug and play.

Today when I was researching vehicle programming I noted that a 2015 Explorer showed that it has TWO GPS modules in it. I put money on it, the added one is for use with SYNC 3.

BTW what SYNC site?

It's on the Ford Owner site.

I really want to buy a 2015 Edge but am waiting until the 16's come out because of sync 3. I've talked to 4 different people at Ford and they all tell me the same thing. 2016 will have it, and the 2015 will not have it. Also, the hardware and software are not compatible. In fact, they tell me that you can't even have the old hardware swapped out on your dime for an upgrade to the new system. I've looked on the owner website, where are you see that some 2015's models are upgradeable?

I didn't find anything either on the site. In fact none of the articles including the SYNC 3 ad on the Ford website mention anything about it being upgradeable from the current MFT system.

Peter

I didn't find anything either on the site. In fact none of the articles including the SYNC 3 ad on the Ford website mention anything about it being upgradeable from the current MFT system.

Peter

I think maybe he got confused about the MFT Sync Version, that is currently 3.6.xx Ford has been pretty clear that the systems will NOT be upgradeable to the new Sync 3. If there is demand maybe they will come up with a dealer installed version, I think if they could do it for under $500 installed people would do it.

So far the order guides for the 2016 MKC, Escape and Fiesta all list Sync 3 as standard/optional equipment.

I think we all would like a direct link to that comment.

I think we all would like a direct link to that comment.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ces-2015-for...g-improvement-over-myford-touch-video-1776818 - "Buying a new Ford is the only way consumers can get their hands on SYNC 3 -- the automaker says older vehicles can't be upgraded."

http://www.cnet.com/news/ford-sync-3-announced/ Indeed, 95 percent of all Fords sold in the US this year had a Sync system of some sort onboard, and more than 10 million Sync-equipped cars have been sold. None of them, sadly, will be able to run the new version of Sync, which will debut in 2015 on 2016 model year cars."

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/myford-touch-dead-long-live-sync-3
Vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch will not be able to upgrade to Sync 3.

Sync 3 uses multitouch touch screens and had much more robust hardware (faster processor, RAM, etc)

I was talking about the comment made about 15 models being able to be upgraded. That's the one I would like to see.

I'm not trying to be rude, but just because some random dude said "select 2015 models" are upgradeable does not make it true. Granted, while you can get a different timeline or stories about Sync 3 from Ford, EVERY person I've talked to at Ford about it says you CANNOT get in a 2015 model. In fact, some 2016 models will ship without it.

Alot of comments from Ford says they are in no "rush" to get it out. They don want it out, but don't want to rush it like they did with myford touch.

Sync3 on a 2013 Taurus

post 56 in this thread.

NEW here 2013 SHO

between that and the Platnum console pics - i bet the MFT and the Sony prem audio in 2015s and prior;
may be upgradable.
...not by me and not for free, but dang if it all looks like the same trim and likely not much different
in the back of the APIM and the wiring...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

post 56 in this thread.

Some random guy named "Snoochy", who is obviously either a Ford employee, or a vendor employee, and has access to hardware (borrowed, stolen, prototype?) and IDS doesn't mean that it will ever be available on the market to you and me.

Back