Washer Fluid | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Washer Fluid

smife

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Can I use Rain x washer fluid in my 2014 Explorer XLT.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sure, just like any other vehicle.

Interesting, I did not know this. Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum smife.:wavey:
I can't really comment on the issue mentioned above but the initial Owner's Guide for the 2011 Explorer LTD I had said not to use products like Rain-X on the windshield. Subsequent printings had that removed.

Peter

I use Rain-x on the outisde edges of the wipers area on my windshield and all other exterior glass. I haven't cared for the effect of the Rain-x (directly applied to the wiper area of the windshield or via washer fluid) personally.

Just get the spray bottle and apply a few times a year. I love the stuff and hate driving or riding in vehicles that don't have it(my personal preference).

Just get the spray bottle and apply a few times a year. I love the stuff and hate driving or riding in vehicles that don't have it(my personal preference).

+1
I wouldnt put RX in the washer fluid.

I can't really comment on the issue mentioned above but the initial Owner's Guide for the 2011 Explorer LTD
I had said not to use products like Rain-X on the windshield. Subsequent printings had that removed.

Owner Manual Printing 1 (Page 378)
Do not use any special washer fluid such as windshield water repellent type fluid or bug wash.
They may cause squeaking, chatter noise, streaking and smearing.
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/11expog1e.pdf

Can I use Rain x washer fluid in my 2014 Explorer XLT.

I've used it and numerous other "bug repellant" windshield washers in my 2014 XLT with no problems whatsoever.

I've used a bug repellent and even a de-icing type of washer fluid in my 99 Crown Vic before without issue. Haven't had to refill in the "new" 2012 Explorer yet.

I have used the prestone de-icer in my 2001 explorer and now in my 2014 ex with no problems. I haven't used the rainx.

I always have used Rain-X and continue to do so in my Ford. No issues.......AT ALL..

I always have used Rain-X and continue to do so in my Ford. No issues.......AT ALL..
Do you have the rain sensing wipers? That was one issue a member had with the product.

Peter

No i don't..

I've used the Rain-X washer fluid in all of my vehicles for years, and also apply the regular Rain-X to all of the glass on said vehicles several times a year. Never had a problem on any vehicle with either product.

I've used it and numerous other "bug repellant" windshield washers in my 2014 XLT with no problems whatsoever.

I second that.. No Issues on my end either.

Keep in mind the identified issue was with the rain sensing wipers.

Peter

Back