• Register Today It's free!

IPhone interface.

cdnpont

Reaction score
City, State
burlington Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Is there any app for my IPhone that would allow me any interface with sync?
Such as starting the car? Anything?

2015 Sport.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is the remote start kit via phone/web that allows you to start your car, lock/unlock doors but nothing that interfaces with the SYNC system.

Currently no apps can interface w/ Sync with MFT, but you can get the official Ford Rem Start app.
Remote Start Facts (includes many posts on modules and pricing, plus some contacts for a ez install. Dealers dont seem to know their way around the entire remote start app and all its items)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418625

Sync/MFT + Sync Applink was suppossed to be able to interface, if you have Sync with MFT there is a Sync Applink menu item in your bottom center menu item " i "... and for whatever reason...its dead.

"With SYNC® AppLink™, you can use voice commands and your steering wheel buttons to control your favorite mobile applications. Search this catalog to find desired smartphone apps, and see how easily they work with SYNC AppLink commands.27,63

SYNC AppLink is available on select models and compatible with select smartphone platforms. SYNC AppLink is not compatible with MyFord Touch. Commands may vary by phone and SYNC AppLink software."
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/sync-my-ride.html

actually question for jmr061 - with the non nav MFT upgrade possible, do you happen to know whats up with the disabled Applink?

Currently no apps can interface w/ Sync with MFT, but you can get the official Ford Rem Start app.
Remote Start Facts (includes many posts on modules and pricing, plus some contacts for a ez install. Dealers dont seem to know their way around the entire remote start app and all its items)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418625

Sync/MFT + Sync Applink was suppossed to be able to interface, if you have Sync with MFT there is a Sync Applink menu item in your bottom center menu item " i "... and for whatever reason...its dead.

"With SYNC® AppLink™, you can use voice commands and your steering wheel buttons to control your favorite mobile applications. Search this catalog to find desired smartphone apps, and see how easily they work with SYNC AppLink commands.27,63

SYNC AppLink is available on select models and compatible with select smartphone platforms. SYNC AppLink is not compatible with MyFord Touch. Commands may vary by phone and SYNC AppLink software."
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/sync-my-ride.html

actually question for jmr061 - with the non nav MFT upgrade possible, do you happen to know whats up with the disabled Applink?

I don't think it is disabled...it doesn't exist in MFT. Only the basic sync models

Is there any app for my IPhone that would allow me any interface with sync?
Such as starting the car? Anything?

2015 Sport.

Hi cdnpont,

Like the others pointed out, there is a remote start app you can purchase via your dealership, but it doesn't allow you to control SYNC.

Hey LukerDooker,

The Install Apps button you're referring to is for dealer use to re-install Vehicle Health Report, 911 Assist, and SYNC Services (where applicable), or for owners and dealers to manually start a software install. MyFord Touch does not have AppLink capability (as you already know).

Rebecca

Back