traded 2012 for a new 2015 limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

traded 2012 for a new 2015 limited

Dr. J

Reaction score
City, State
Blue Springs Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer limited
well we did it.
pulled the pin and traded our 2012 black limited in for 2015 black limited.
even though there isnt much difference between the looks of the two, there were a couple extra that we didnt have in our 2012. Like heated steering wheel, lane assistance (i think that is what its called) heated rear seat, electric telescope tilt steering. notice a few little changes like in the ambient lighting, nothing big like the previous.
bought monday and went tuesday and tinted the front windows and the brow across the windshield.
love the car just like we loved the 2012

Happy motoring

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Dr. J.:wavey:
Congrats on the new Explorer. Now all you have to do is update your profile with year and model.:)

Peter

I would have waited until the 2016 came out.

I would have waited until the 2016 came out.

Sounds like he got the goodies he wanted PLUS he was probably able to get the incentives (cash, financing) on a 2015 that won't be available on the 2016 until later in the year. Plus buying early gets ahead of the Fed Reserve if it raises interest rates some time this year.

well we did it.
pulled the pin and traded our 2012 black limited in for 2015 black limited.
even though there isnt much difference between the looks of the two, there were a couple extra that we didnt have in our 2012. Like heated steering wheel, lane assistance (i think that is what its called) heated rear seat, electric telescope tilt steering. notice a few little changes like in the ambient lighting, nothing big like the previous.
bought monday and went tuesday and tinted the front windows and the brow across the windshield.
love the car just like we loved the 2012

I'm not a car guy, but I am really enjoying my '15 Limited after owning for a couple of months. All the things you mentioned are small but add up to a real nice package, even the MFT system. To me, the best part is the seats - most comfortable seat that I've owned in 37 yrs of driving. We've taken a few 6-7 hour trips and I didn't feel fatigued in the least - I don't mind doing the whole drive myself. Plus my wife and teenage son were equally comfortable in the passenger seats (they dig the rear heated seat). We also have the sunroof, which makes the car feel nice and open/airy on trips.

Have fun....

I'm not a car guy, but I am really enjoying my '15 Limited after owning for a couple of months. All the things you mentioned are small but add up to a real nice package, even the MFT system. To me, the best part is the seats - most comfortable seat that I've owned in 37 yrs of driving. We've taken a few 6-7 hour trips and I didn't feel fatigued in the least - I don't mind doing the whole drive myself. Plus my wife and teenage son were equally comfortable in the passenger seats (they dig the rear heated seat). We also have the sunroof, which makes the car feel nice and open/airy on trips.

Have fun....

I feel the same exact way about my 15 sport. These seats are comfortable! I've taken 3 trips to NY from Providence (3 Hr drive) and I felt comfortable each trip. They are definitely the best seats I've had in a vehicle. Definitely a plus along with the other features.

Sounds like he got the goodies he wanted PLUS he was probably able to get the incentives (cash, financing) on a 2015 that won't be available on the 2016 until later in the year. Plus buying early gets ahead of the Fed Reserve if it raises interest rates some time this year.

That's a lot of the reasons ... But the wife going to retire in 3 years and by going ahead get a jump on paying it off... But I forgot to say we actually dropped our monthly payment and now we have a new car with a few small extras that the 12 didn't have... But there is a difference in the 12 and 15 .... Loved the 12 but REALLY LOVE this 15

Back