• Register Today It's free!

How cool is your base model???

driver460sz

Reaction score
City, State
NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 ford explorer
I bought a used 2013 Base model with 23,000 on it for 21,500. Got a great deal and it came with a 7 year, 120,000 mile Ford warranty. Anyways...... I added some things.

Plati-dip front grill, bug deflector, rain guards and emblems are all blacked out.

22 inch Mililani rims with 265, 45 Kuhmo tires.

Alpine head unit with GPS, rear view camera, Pandora, Bluetooth and a whole lot more.

6 JL component speakers, a 10w6 sub, 900w 5 channel JL amp.

4 headrest monitors for the kiddos and movies.

Car starter that works through the cell phone.

Those nice little laser cut floor mats all the way through.

And more..... anyways.... anyone else have a nice base model??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulation,
I have an Explorer 13 base model too and love it so much.
Would you mind posting some pictures of the Alpine head unit with GPS, and the headrest screens because I am thinking to do the same thing with mine.
Thanks and enjoy the EX.

have you plastidip your front grill in place or you remove it. share how did you do it and it would be great if you post some pics of your ride...

Congrats!! Nice low miles plus with the extended warranty all sounds good!

Congrats on the new ride, yes you can buy a base model and turn it into anything but base.
My mods so far:

Ultra diamond cut black rims
5k hid hyluxtek headlights
functional rear bumper reflectors
back up sensors
projector fog lights with led angel eyes
300 watt power inverter
shark fin antenna
running boards
compustar g9 2 way long range remote start +3x lock on factory fob
oem trailer hitch
and I am not done :D

Congrats on the new ride, yes you can buy a base model and turn it into anything but base.
My mods so far:

Ultra diamond cut black rims
5k hid hyluxtek headlights
functional rear bumper reflectors
back up sensors
projector fog lights with led angel eyes
300 watt power inverter
shark fin antenna
running boards
compustar g9 2 way long range remote start +3x lock on factory fob
oem trailer hitch
and I am not done :D
WOW!!!
Nice, we need some pictures!

sure, but I have to read the how to post pictures first :eek:

Sounds like your on your first forum. :D

Get a 'Photobucket account, and Upload all your pics there.
Use the 'IMG' code. Copy/paste it into your post here, or any forum.
Easy peasy.

sure, but I have to read the how to post pictures first :eek:

I pulled the grill off to dip it. And I am with Kuku on the not knowing how to post pictures. It's not exactly a user friendly set up for me. Or I am an idiot...take your pick. Pictures to come.

You could join and support the site and even easier to directly upload photos (another option)

looks great!

Can you guys do me a favor and recommend a good remote start.
I have done some searching and found some people gave Viper 5706v 2-way excellent reviews, but some people on YouTube did recommend Compositor G9 2-way.
Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

I installed the fortin Evo one+compustar g9 rf kit and the range is excellent, at work I Park about 2000' away and it works every time plus it gives me confirmation.

I installed the fortin Evo one+compustar g9 rf kit and the range is excellent, at work I Park about 2000' away and it works every time plus it gives me confirmation.
Thanks for replying!
Do you have a model number for the Evo and compustar or just searching by their brand names because I may get them from Amazon.
Thanks again

Just search by the names just make sure you get the Evo one and not the Evo all also try to buy the Evo from one of the vendors that offers to program it or you will have to buy the programming tool.

Nice ride! I also have a Base (2014) - I bought it cuz I was able to get one with low mileage so I said why the hell not LOL. So far I've Plasti-Dip'ed the grill black and added the Sport Explorer badge to the hood. Looks pretty bad ass too! I'm looking to add wheels, lamin-x the headlight/tail-light, new stereo, and maybe running boards.

Also, I'd love to see a pic of your Alpine head unit. Just curious how it looks inside the cabin. Thanks man

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back