Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
I was just going through old photos and found a few Kodak Photo CDs from some of EF's first runs. The Kodak CDs were supposed to be an archival way to store digital images that had been converted from slide film originals, scanned by a professional lab, and burned to gold CDs that were supposed to last forever...

Well 15 years later the file format used is no longer supported by Photoshop so I had to find a converter. I'm attaching the first files I converted with the freeware version of the software. I'm going to purchase it so I can convert the rest without the watermark.
goldbar_rick2.jpg
goldbar_rick.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow! That looks new!

What a fun trip! Haven't been back to Moab in years, should hit it up sometime, to go mountain biking or something if nothing else... since I no longer have off-road capabilities :)
Interestingly enough I was reading something a few weeks ago from some google executive who said that he felt that people should still be printing things - their photos, documents, etc. because of issues like this, where formats get obsolete too quickly and convertors may not always be available... I'm not so sure, since you can still convert home videos made in the 40s and 50s if you really want to... but I can see his point... But then again the paperless part of me competely disagrees :).

Wow, before the pumpkin was the pumpkin. keep them coming.

Tim

Colin it was Rick. He was up above on Hells Revenge and took those photos; I've got one almost like it that he took of me. So good that I framed it and it's hanging on the wall in my study :)

A few more oldies...
gemini_bridge.jpg
rangerx.jpg
paul_totw.jpg

[MENTION=101]GJarrett[/MENTION] on Lion's Back 2000
gerald_lionsback.jpg
gerald_lionsback2.jpg
gerald_lionsback3.jpg

Yes they are. Rick is a great photographer. That third one is the one I had framed :)

A few more oldies...

Jean Shorts!

WTF was I thinking ? ? ? ?
Moab 2000.jpg

Okay, it was 15 years ago, but really. . . .

Thanks for the "What not to Wear" moment. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

Jorts!

This could be the last known pic of my truck before I rolled.
image.jpg

Back