no brake lights need help fast please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no brake lights need help fast please

The_Phoenix

Reaction score
City, State
maricopa, az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer xlt
Hey guys posted a similar question in a searched thread had no hits, trying to figure out why my brake lights are out I'm thinking multifunction switch cause I've replaced two brake pressure switches and no change, I've replaced bulbs and, checked the fuses #9 & #13 I believe. The fuses show no power according to a test light on either side of the fuse. Just needing to know if I'm going down the right path or is there some other thing I should check. I also have no emergency flashers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I fixed my left brake light the other day by turning on the hazard switch and wiggling it a bit, kind of blew my mind.

Tryed it and it didnt work still having same problem

OMG just fixed it found in wiring diagrams fuse#4 which works hazard flasher was the culprit, damn i feel like a idiot

OMG just fixed it found in wiring diagrams fuse#4 which works hazard flasher was the culprit, damn i feel like a idiot
Glad you found it before buying more unneeded parts, especially an expensive MFS. Was it fuse #1 instead of #4 ? :scratch:

85556047l.gif

https://www.scribd.com/doc/264696438/fuses-and-circuit-breakers-removal-and-installation-pdf

Got to love a cheep fix :thumbsup:

Back