Debut of 2016 Explorer | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Debut of 2016 Explorer

img_0177.jpg

Found this beauty in the NY car show!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice. Hopefully I'll have one of those in my driveway in a couple of months. I believe they started to build them on 4/20 according to another forum. :thumbsup:

Very nice. Hopefully I'll have one of those in my driveway in a couple of months. I believe they started to build them on 4/20 according to another forum. :thumbsup:

It looked amazing in person! The picture doesn't do it justice!!! I have the XLT 2013. I'm torn between the sport or the platinum...... the extra goodies with the platinum is the problem...

not to mention the $$$$

...wouldnt want one built on 4/20...

RS team is promising to deliver 12 vehicles by 2020.
I wonder if there would be Explorer RS...

2016 explorer sport

I watched a video yesterday on town and country tv in Alabama. There are people that drive the new explorers around to different dealerships to show them. In the comments section he was telling that after the vehicle has been shown and taken back they crush it. Also, he said the 1 he was showing had 2 problems. It had a dent in the roof and A FINGER PRINT ON THE PASENGER SIDE HEADLIGHT. Does that ring a bell? My 2012 had a finger print on the passenger headlight.
A couple of weeks ago I drove a 2015 Edge. Seats were hard The back end wasn't very attractive. I had a 2014 limited, sunset. Really liked it. Great seats. Just as good as my 2015 explorer. I would have kept the Edge, but I have bad shoulder and needed the epas.
The new explores will be out the end of May. Still going to get 1 even if it has a finger print.
:D

So torn between a 15 sport and a 16 sport. It will be espeically hard if the incentives go up on the 15s. Still cant decide what i want.......any advice to swing my decision??

The Sport is a popular seller so I don't know if you'll see that much of an incentive on the 2015 models. Keep in mind that the only ones you can get now are the ones on dealer lots. I think we went through the same scenario last year with the 2014 Sport and if I recall correctly, they were very scarce.

Peter

My dealer is down to 25 on the Sport. The incentives will be higher on the 15's and lower interest if you plan to finance through Ford. So far, only a $500 incentive on the 16's.
The interior in the 16 looks a bit nicer and the infotainment has real buttons now. Also LED headlamps. If you can live without those, the 15 may be what you want.

You really want the buttons on MFT.
Dont fool yourself until you have driven a touch only version daily - the buttons are very nice, minimal, & 1000 x better than touch only.

I agree with this. Every time I've had my vehicle in for service and had a loaner with touch controls, I was really glad to have mine back. The worst of all was a 13 MKT that the dealer loaned me while they had my 12 MKT.

You really want the buttons on MFT.
Dont fool yourself until you have driven a touch only version daily - the buttons are very nice, minimal, & 1000 x better than touch only.

I never got the big deal about the lack of physical buttons. I so rarely use them I guess it's just never been a problem. I think I went into buying the explorer expecting/knowing MFT was going to suck so my expectations were SUPER low from the get go. For the most part I have no issue with it save for the UTTER CRAP way navigation works and lack of built in applications (Pandora, Spotify, etc). Anyway, as for buttons, I quickly got used to using it in a way I find easy. Radio , nearly 100% steering wheel and HVAC, typically use only the on/off and fan speed btns. Other than that, its all touch screen for me anyway. Too each their own tho!

Platinum

I'm surprised there isn't more talk of the 2016 model. Specifically, does anyone know when the 2016 will be at the dealers and also when will the platinums be at the dealers.

I'm surprised there isn't more talk of the 2016 model. Specifically, does anyone know when the 2016 will be at the dealers and also when will the platinums be at the dealers.
I don't have any specifics but production of the 2016 began last week so I would expect them to arrive at the dealers likely toward the end of June. Not sure if that includes the Platinum. That is the one that I'm most interested in as well but I won't be in the market for it until Spring 2017. I think dealers would have a better idea of when their 2016 models will be delivered.

Peter

Also I just found out (among other things like Sync3) the 17 MY will also have LED driving lights compared to the halogen on the 16MY.

Also I just found out (among other things like Sync3) the 17 MY will also have LED driving lights compared to the halogen on the 16MY.

I thought LED was available on the 16's? At least on the Platinum anyway.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have any specifics but production of the 2016 began last week so I would expect them to arrive at the dealers likely toward the end of June. Not sure if that includes the Platinum. That is the one that I'm most interested in as well but I won't be in the market for it until Spring 2017. I think dealers would have a better idea of when their 2016 models will be delivered.

Peter

Couldn't someone with access run a couple of VINs to get an idea of their status? I have 6 dealers within a 10 mile radius of me and all have 2-4 on order. All of the models except Platinum. More than half are Sports.

Back