The Green Buffalo | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Green Buffalo

Note -- Most of you know this as easys94 .The rig did not have a name, I got to make a major run - Moab 2015. The rig got its name there. Anthony (aka Suicide77) is one that put the tag on it. So it will be the Green Buffalo or just the Buffalo for short

I picked up a 94 EB 2d last night from Jay in Plano Tx. I need to thank Jay for all the work he has put into this rig. Hopefully I can keep it going. I also need to thank Kris Guilbeaux and Mike(TexasArmadillio) for puting me on to this last week at the meet in Elgin. I wasnt looking for a new rig, but after hearing them talk about it , I had to check it out - now its mine:D

Mike (reaper) and I took it out to city lake earlier and gave it a little test run,they had most of the trails closed(dont know why) but still had fun. Its AWESOME.
Mike has some pics he will post in a little.

This one I took at the house
010.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You get a new truck? I don't remember you having a super duty.

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I like it. Y'all have fun.

Juggling more fur balls than a constipated cat.

Glad you get to get out there! Have a great trip!!

Thanks Jon, I sur it will be great. We are in NM now about haft way there.

I like it. Y'all have fun.

Thanks Mike I am sure enjoying the truck on this run. It pulls great, cannt tell I am pulling the rig. And we will have fun:D:D

I got the rig out ot Ouray, It was great. I got to do about 7 trails. Not imogene, but did do Blackbear,Engineer,Poughkeepise,Hurricane,Crockscrew and a couple more. here are some pics.

On Yankee Boy
Ouary8-13008.jpg

The car wash at Imogene
Ouary8-13010.jpg

This is the winch point on Poughkeepise, had to winch on over from there
Ouary8-13012-1.jpg

Mike and me at Ophir pass
Ouary8-13021.jpg

more to come

Took me a while, but back to work on the rig. Trying to get ready for Moab.

Had these inserts for two yrs, just now getting them in. went with the split way. had to think about it for a bit, but got it going, I using a jack and comalong to spread to tire so I have room to work. Its working

003_1.jpg

002_1.jpg

005_1.jpg

Seems like every Bandit custom Associated vehicle is just BADASS! Btw yall ever plan to go to Ouray again? Thats one id love to do some day.

Made it to Moab :bounce::bounce:

started off with repairs, right wheelbearing had to be replaced
Have to thank Ted for getting that one done
SANY0009.jpg

SANY0012.jpg

Only made it to the trail head b/4 next set back. right brake caliber locked up
thanks to Kris for this one and this was the first day

this morning had to replace left wheelbearing
this time thanks to Anthony for this one

Once we get that going it has been great
SANY0001.jpg

SANY0003.jpg

SANY0007_1.jpg

more to follow

Well its time to start getting ready for Moab in May. Hopefully will have everything ready in time. As slow as Mike and I work will take that long.
Will be replaceing the engine. Also I am going down to 33s. The 37s are just to much for my d35.

Mike and I started today,
SANY0002_2.jpg

I took out the rear seats , give me more room .
SANY0003_2.jpg

SANY0005_2.jpg

Kris they are on hold for you.
SANY0004_3.jpg

got the fenders off

SANY0008_4.jpg

we got a little more done(I do mean a little).

Mike putting a winch on his trailer
SANY0001.jpg

We got lucky today , we had the A team stop by to let us know if we are doing things right :scratch:

SANY0002.jpg

SANY0003.jpg

Well if everything goes right we will do the engine swap this weekend. Russell is coming up too help ( to be sure we do it right :D).

We are using the engine out of the x Mike got to do his body swap on Dr Jack
SANY0003.jpg

We dang sure need supervision from the A-Team!! Looking forward to a weekend on work :eek: and fun :monkey:
Also got in contact for the manual xfer case, will be picking that up on the 10th, so then you will have the manual transfer case in your rig as well!!

Back