03 v6 4.0L Explorer won't start after doing ALL | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 v6 4.0L Explorer won't start after doing ALL

Pipodyer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Ford Explorer
I need some help with this challenge, in advance thanks for any answers.
I have a 03 Ford Explorer cranks but does not start
•swapped the engine from a working Explorer so good compression, injectors, spark plugs, cables, sensors, timing belts, etc, etc are ok and working.
• electrician said Fuel pression was 4psi way bellow the 30 to 60psi it should have. Changed the fuel pump even though my mechanic presure gage read 60psi needless to say it did not start.
•I also changed the computer and programmed the keys. The electrician said is was ok. The anti-thief light goes out while I crank the engine.
• I have also checked the gas full pump fuses, the impact stabilizer check sensor.
Thanks so very much for your help on this. I am about to light a match!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check your temperature sender on the thermostat housing, another member recently did the same thing and had fuel/fire and no start. Ended up being the temp sender telling the computer it was was way colder than it really was, so the ecm started flooding it to try to get it to start based on the temp. Have you pulled the plugs to see if they are gas soaked?

ALSO***** If you changed the ECM from the donor vehicle, you will need the security module as well. Those and the key all have to come from the same system and are matched together.

The security module is located in the front section of the passenger rear quarter panel. Do a search for finding the keyless entry code and it will detail how to get to it.

Been there.... Done that......

I'm the guy Duranged84 is talking about.

I could not believe the temp sensor had anything to do with anything, other than it moved my temperature gauge needle. In hindsight, it makes perfect sense, that the fuel injection system needs to know everything that's going on, under the hood. In my case, it was over-fueling.

Keep us updated on your progress!!!

Like the ECT Sensor causing a no start. Find time checking the oil pressure sensor switch. a faulty Oil pressure sensor will cause you a "no start" since vehicle power signal will run to this sensor thru the fuel pump.

Any updates?

Back