Rear lift glass hinge recall info needed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear lift glass hinge recall info needed.

atxjax

Reaction score
City, State
Pflugerville, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Mercury Mountaineer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look to see if it states 'handled under new car warranty' or something of the like. In most cases, by the time there is an issue, it's out of warranty. Not all TSB's are for the life of the car, but instead are for a specific mileage.

I have an extra set of hinges, Yours for cost of shipping, which shouldnt be much from Okieland.

Look to see if it states 'handled under new car warranty' or something of the like. In most cases, by the time there is an issue, it's out of warranty. Not all TSB's are for the life of the car, but instead are for a specific mileage.

You are right. Is this a TSB or a recall? I think its actually a recall since its listed under the NHTSA.

I have an extra set of hinges, Yours for cost of shipping, which shouldnt be much from Okieland.

I am going to try the recall route first since it's free. If i can't get covered then I may hit you up on those.

No problem, I don't blame ya one bit. I need to see if either of mine can be replaced under it just to have new ones.

Back