went to the track today!!!! what are your best E/T's?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

went to the track today!!!! what are your best E/T's??

well i decided to see where i stand and also see what my HP would be on my program. i beleive i did quite well for the bolt-on apps that i have done. my best time was 16.573 seconds in the 1/4 mile time @ 80.79 MPH with an alright reaction time of .803 seconds. i am happy, i figured i would be in the hi 17's or so. but what really made my day, was i smoked a 1990 fullsize bronco with a rebuilt V8 with headers and exhaust work done. i know my standards were a bit low, but hey, he wasn't too happy to hear that he got beat by a V6 :bounce: well if anyone else wants to display there best E/T's on this thread, i think it would make for a really good thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's great!

Is what without the blower?

my perf meter should be in any day now. I'll let y'all know! Right after my blower install, I got 15.7 @ 87. Now I estimate around 15.3 or 15.4 without nitrous, low 14's with nitrous.

yep that was w/o the blower

i haven't gotten the blower in yet, i am going to take it back up to the track though to see what she runs then. i figure with the paxton blower and a re-programmed superchip i should shave almost a second of my E/T. hell it is only $10.00 every sunday for all vehicles to race. a helluva lot cheaper than a dyno run. by the way jason, if you ever want to dyno your X, don't come to j-vill and dyno it at "waynes' dyno and performance". he doesn't have a clue about that IMHO. he dyno'ed mine in the wrong gear for me to get my 1:1 ratio, and he melted my buddies brakess on his 454 that is bored .030 over, has a holley 650 carb, and god-knows-how many other bolt on and porting he has done. the idiot left his parking brake on while dyno'ing it 4 times at 111 MPH, we were wondering why he was only getting 209 RWHP but 333 FT/LBS of TQ. while my brother's stang was doing 207 RWHP virtually stock. he is a moron, don't give him your business or your money. then he had the audacity to chum it up with me and the guy that he roasted his brakes, at the track today like everything was cool. i wanted to dot him in the eye soooooooo bad..... sorry, that still pisses me off, so i get a bit carried away.:fire: :shoot: :frustrate :mad: :hammer: :nono:

16.7 @ 80 MPH
2.3 60'

'92 Sport automatic...2wd
3.08 open differential, flowmaster exhaust, otherwise stock.

Since that run, I have upgraded to a 3.73 LS disc rear end, KKM kit, and various other minor modifications.

I will be returning to the track after I complete my porting and polishing job on the upper and lower intake manifolds and fuel rail. I will also be installing ported/ 3 angle valve job/ polished heads for better breathing. Headers and a chip will also go on before I run it again.

I hurt the ego of my friend on a bi-weekly basis. He drives a 2000 Civic SI, and he can't seem to get past my front door. Perhaps this is due to driver error.

I believe I can scratch into the 15's, no power adder.

they don't make 2000 Civic SI, do they?

Yep, it's the same as the '99. There's no 2001 SI though.

luke.............. you're killing me man

i can't beleive you stole my heads away from me on ebay you thief. :) just kidding, i am glad you did, they are a different part number than mine, so i would have been S.O.L. but that is an awesome price for those heads. the guys name is vernon, he is the one that i got my paxton supercharger from. he is pretty quick at mailing stuff out and hooking you up. well i hope that you like those heads. let me know when you get them on.

FastAZZ4.0,

Thanks for your detailed reply. It really help me getting a heads up on what I'm doing to my 98 OHV. I will definitely ask you more about where and what to get parts for the truck.

Once again,
Thanks!

hey man, not a problem, that is what everyone is here to do, HELP. :) well good luck ,and email if you have any questions.

Those things sure are expensive.

do you know how much heads cost alone???? more than you paid total. not to mention the fact that he had them ported and polished alle the way around, put in comp cams and everything else. porting alone around here costs $500.00 with new valve work and everything. that guy never put them on his ranger, he never got around to it. so yes, you made out like a bandit. yeah that was me, that is my other email address name. well i hope you enjoy them, i wasn't going to bid, and i was hoping somone would outbid me cuz they won't fit on my year engine. i guess the exhaust ports don't line up or something. oh well.... have fun with them and let me know what the difference is when you get them installed.

Ahh, I'll let you know how it goes. If I don't see satisfactory results, I am going to build a blower motor with those heads. It is going to depend on how mild or wild the machine work is on the heads. If it is too wild, it's not going to work well with my N/A motor.

I think they would fit on your motor...but you'd have something like 8:1 compression after you put them on. I know that late model heads fit on 91-94 motors, so they must be interchangeable. The 8:1 compression wouldn't be desireable, however...unless you were running some crazy amount of boost.

Back