• Register Today It's free!

Easy Entry/Exit Issues

fredw1970

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Help please...

2015 Ford Explorer Sport

The Easy Entry/Exit stopped working... the option in the system is CHECKED (though it does not work) but I cannot uncheck it. Tried turning off and on the system. The seat WILL move via the controls and the memory settings, but the seat won't pull back upon car shut down.

Is there a quick fix or do I need to get it to the shop?

Thanks for your help! Fred

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Help please...

2015 Ford Explorer Sport

The Easy Entry/Exit stopped working... the option in the system is CHECKED (though it does not work) but I cannot uncheck it. Tried turning off and on the system. The seat WILL move via the controls and the memory settings, but the seat won't pull back upon car shut down.

Is there a quick fix or do I need to get it to the shop?

Thanks for your help! Fred
You can try doing a Master Reset or pull the negative cable off the battery and leave it disconnected for about 10 minutes. Keep in mind that doing either of these will result in the loss of some memory settings and you will likely have to re pair your phone again.
You could also try pulling fuse 23, Driver power seat, Memory module which is under the hood and/or fuse 7, Memory seat module logic feed which is in the cabin fuse panel which is a @#$%^ to get at. Not sure if any of these actions will fix the problem. You can also take it back to the dealer and have them check it out.

Peter

You can try doing a Master Reset or pull the negative cable off the battery and leave it disconnected for about 10 minutes. Keep in mind that doing either of these will result in the loss of some memory settings and you will likely have to re pair your phone again.
You could also try pulling fuse 23, Driver power seat, Memory module which is under the hood and/or fuse 7, Memory seat module logic feed which is in the cabin fuse panel which is a @#$%^ to get at. Not sure if any of these actions will fix the problem. You can also take it back to the dealer and have them check it out.

Peter

Thanks for the advice Peter... I pulled the negative off the battery let it sit for 15 minutes... Most of the settings were retained and the Easy Entry option fixed. Thanks for the help! Hopefully it was just a system hiccup.

Take it to the dealer. Unless you have a good extended or ESP, do it now.

Take it to the dealer. Unless you have a good extended or ESP, do it now.
I don't think there is anything the dealer can/will do now that it is working. Since it is a 2015 model, I don't see a rush to bring it in unless it happens again.

Peter

I just have to add this for people's general information. The master reset for MFT is not a master reset for the entire vehicle. It resets the MFT computer, known as the APIM and restores the APIM user settings to the default.

In this case, to try to reset for the seat issue one would be to pull the negative battery cable.

Does pulling the negative cable off of the battery reset the transmission to factory defaults?

Does pulling the negative cable off of the battery reset the transmission to factory defaults?
Yes. The transmission will have to go through its 'relearn' and the idle and fuel trim strategy for optimum performance will also have to be 'relearned'. The latter can be reset using the procedure shown in the Owner's Guide or left to be eventually learned on its own.

Peter

Bumping this thread.

We have found another glitch, this easy entry/exit feature only works sometimes, the feature is enabled.
2017 Sport. Any updates on this issue?

Bumping this thread.

We have found another glitch, this easy entry/exit feature only works sometimes, the feature is enabled.
2017 Sport. Any updates on this issue?
There's a TSB for the seat module.

A

Any idea if this carries over to the 2017 Explorer? Looks like this TSB is for 2016.
Thanks
Not sure if it would. It looks like the TSB was issued September 23, 2016 the 2017's were being rolled out. I'm guessing your dealer would likely have to check this with Ford.

Peter

Back