Moab 2015 - May 22-24 | Page 15 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 2015 - May 22-24

Had a great time running Dome Plateau today.

A big kudos to Kris and Russell for stepping in as run leaders for this years Moab, they have been doing a bang up job!!! :salute:

I don't know what the heck is going on with photobucket at this time, but will try to post pics in the morning

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, obviously my favorite scene.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 271

How did dinner go? Did the goodie's show up at the KOA??

Dinner went really well and yep, all the goodies arrived!!

We did have a member rollover on fins n things. Reapereviltwin is ok. After pushing the truck upright. He drove it off the trail.

Very sorry to hear about the roll, but I sure am glad that Mike is ok.

For anyone still left in town we will be doing dinner at the brewery at 5 pm

Pictures? We are headed that way in the am

Made it home around noon. Had a good time and it was great to see everyone and meet the new attendees. Apparently I missed all the fun both Friday and today. Glad no one was hurt.

Glasken and I have made it home! Pics will be up tomorrow, probably! Thank you all for being so welcoming and letting us run with you! It's great to be part of the EF family now! Next year both explorers should be up and running for the big shindig!

Sorry to hear about the roll on Fins! Glad you're okay, Mike!

Glasken and I have made it home! Pics will be up tomorrow, probably! Thank you all for being so welcoming and letting us run with you! It's great to be part of the EF family now! Next year both explorers should be up and running for the big shindig!!

Sorry I wasn't able to meet you this time around. Maybe we could do a run up by Wickenburg sometime.

Sorry I wasn't able to meet you this time around. Maybe we could do a run up by Wickenburg sometime.

That would be wonderful! Hope you and Char are feeling better!

Made it home around 1 today just in time to catch the end of the Indy race. Rained all the way home but at least it washed most of the mud off!

I repaired the hole in my exhaust at 6:30 this morning for the 4th time and it made it all the way home! I used a pop top lid from a tin can and a hose clamp. The rod mount from the cat converter broke off and took a chunk of pipe with it between the 2 cats.

Sorry I didn't stick around for Sundays run - it sure was nice to get home after being on the road for 11 days. Sorry to hear about DrJack but good to know Mike was ok.

Nice meeting some new members and seeing old friends as well!

Looking forward to the pics. I've never run Dome Plateau before. I'll have to check it out in my Wells book.

Yes you have! We ran it in 2011. It was me, you, Mike Boyle and Ryan Penner.

Missed you guys but your health is more important. See you and Char there next year if not sooner!

A few from Fins and Things,

First, thank you all for your concern and well wishes from the rollover today.

DSCN0334_zps0eovzksw.jpg

DSCN0356_zpsvmh6fra1.jpg

DSCN0352_zpsdzeir5tf.jpg

And on to the rollover

DSCN0392_zpsbv78fqm0.jpg

with the windshield missing you get a clear picture

DSCN0393_zpsn7kz1o7n.jpg

I didn't get any pics while it was on it's side, but I'm pretty sure there are some out there.

What happened is just part of wheeling hard, no I did not want to be a member of the Rollover Posse, but I am now.

There are vids of the rollover too.

Here is what I remember:

Lost momentum going up, braked, started going backwards, brakes were holding the tires but not the rig, then I just started rolling.

After the roll stopped and I was getting helped out of the rig, (the rig came to rest on the passenger side) I felt and heard people getting on the rig and getting the drivers door opened, then helping me out. I was offered assistance by a off roader who I did not know, when I jumped to the ground I fell and was then guided by those around me to sit down. When I sat down the first thing I noticed was a medical bag was beside me already, it was EF'er 5speedman already. He gave me a check and we went to look at everything.

The speed in which all the members of the EF hauled ass to the rig and jumped to help me is amazing. There were other off roaders there who rushed to help It just goes to show you how great the EF is and off roaders will extend assistance when needed.

The Dr. Jack is not out of off roading, he is going to Bandit Customs!!!!!!
(I think this was decided along with improvements to be made before it was pushed back on 4 wheels)

To all of you there on Fins and Things today, Thank you and I am so freaking blessed to be part of all of ya'lls life.

Mike I feel the same way you are my family. I'm so glad you were not hurt. Vehicles can be fixed or replaced you can not.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^^ Mike, you are the man, we will always have your back! Looking forward to 2016!

Alright, here is a taste of some of the pictures I have so far. First up is Adamsbro2's Hulk getting a good flex-out just before sunset on CliffHanger.

029_zps7jsaubek.jpg

Next we have Adamsbro2's Hulk again, however, this time it is hidden behind a tidal wave of mud! easymc can be seen leaning against the rocks moments before getting a bath of his own!

120_zpsqiayd4a4.jpg

Not to be out-done, 5speedman quickly followed suit in what was shaping up to be Mud Bath Moab 2015!

121_zpsfxbaiglo.jpg

Mr.Q's Redbull Happily laid out another wave of mud onto the slick-rock formation.

122_zpshfbcqdkn.jpg

Glasken's rig, despite being stock, made sure we knew it had the heart of a lion!

123_zps64rpaflj.jpg

The last one I could capture was easymc's Green Buffalo revving up some gnarly rooster tails through the sludge!

124_zpspdz1gvqr.jpg

Back