Rhino line or plasti-dip? What do you guys think | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rhino line or plasti-dip? What do you guys think

Oops. AnywAy I like the Bedliner on the truck and definitely minimizes the amount of scratches I get off road, but agreed not sure how it would look on a 4 door

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've seen whole trucks done in bed liner it's entirely up to you, I did mine in the areas that get scratched on the trails I just masked off what I didn't want done , yes the lower plastics I did but also metal on the doors and arches and did it in satin to give a nice look actually makes it look like the arches are plastic like the older Sports

Sog, Your rig does look REAL good. Got me to thinking that's the route I'll go after I do the rockers my Sport. I think the bumpers, tupperware and up to the one of body lines will look pretty good against the red.

DSC00588.jpg

It will look good Rkh58 a buddy has a 99 Sport that was red and we did the same thing not sure if I have any pics. And thanx man

I did his Tupperware and up to include the curve in the metal fender, made the arches look bigger

Only pic I have

859.jpg

We ended up doing the bottom of the doors from the moulding down

I always thought it was a gen 2 but numerous ppl say gen 3, I know the four doors are gen 3 starting in 01

1995-2001 are second gen in 4 door sports continue to 2003.
2002-2005 are third gen in 4 door and sports start after 2003...

Only pic I have

859.jpg

We ended up doing the bottom of the doors from the moulding down

Sounds like I will be the first 4 door in this thread haha...

I hate having a black truck. Every little thing shows. I can buff it till the cows come home but the next tight trail will pinstripe it again and again.

Believe me I know , this is my second black one and I live in the boonies all gravel roads

This is how the red Sport looks now

5C5C76D8-00EB-4408-AAAD-513ED3B5CFA8_zpskno6qjpz.jpg

2481F49F-005E-4123-B1D6-6AF1D2575165_zpsique1tcg.jpg

Pic didn't load the first time

Now I'm definitely sold on doing my Sport. Looks good on red. Nice rig Joshua, hope you don't mind if I copy the look.
That '99 looked nice red and black Sog. You guys sold me on it.

Thanks! Feel free to copy whatever, I'm not the first to do it and definitely not the last! Lol

Attachments

• 20141121_140621.jpg
    20141121_140621.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 20141121_140601.jpg
    20141121_140601.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 198

Yup the green is plasti dip and nice rig Joshua

Thank you sir! The paint has taken quite a beating over the years so I've been wanting to plasti dip it like yours. I'm torn between desert tan and the OD green

About $150 Canadian but stripping it all this summer and painting Od green , it stains bad with the dirt and peels would be ok for a street truck

I really like the tan but the Od looks very good when clean, but the only way we can keep it looking clean is to use a can of tire shine after washing otherwise it's a sort of stained tan colour from dust staining

My bud gets a lot of comments everywhere he goes it really looks good in person

Did you rattle can it or buy one of the kits? They also sell the top coat for the dip that's supposed to keep it from fading and staining but I've never used it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We used cans it was kind of spur of the moment. I've never tried the top coat either to be honest maybe that will make the difference

Back